Need a good budget GPU

Earmuffin585

CAGiversary!
Can someone please recommend a good GPU thats under 130 and is ATI?

My current rig:

Quad core q8200 @ 2.5 ghz
8GB of DDR3 RAM
ATI HD 4670 512 MB (PCI x16 express)
350 watt psu
Win7

I know its not a good gaming rig , but I need something to make it better without do a lot to it . I just need a good gpu is because my friends needs a one and I want to give it to him so we can play together. Also What in the world can I do with 3 PCI 1x ? Thanks for reading!

You're pretty limited by your power supply. Another 4670 would probably be the best you could run without upgrading the power supply.

PCI-E x1 slots can be used for expansion cards (wireless adapters, tv tuners, etc.)

Yeah, I would probably agree with jchoi... You could probably find a decent 4850 used on ebay, but that would still push the limits of your power supply. You could probably get a new PS AND a decent vid card for your budget if you look around.

As an example, Thermaltake has a cheap refurb 500 watter on sale this week thermaltakestore.com/purepower-standard-5500.html

That would run a 4850 with decent headroom (I actually ran dual 4850s in Xfire with a cooler master cheapass 500 watt unit... it screamed in pain, but ran them)

[quote name='jchoi']You're pretty limited by your power supply. Another 4670 would probably be the best you could run without upgrading the power supply.

PCI-E x1 slots can be used for expansion cards (wireless adapters, tv tuners, etc.)[/QUOTE]

I am going to get a 500 watt psu , and my motherboard does not have another pci express slot . 4850 seems nice , but i have my eyes on the 5750 but I heard that cards sucks and its only good feature is the DX11.

[quote name='Earmuffin585']my is ddr3[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's some primo stuff right there. Isn't the best of the best, but it smokes my old 8600 GT without breaking a sweat, and I could run Crysis on a mixture of med to high settings at my monitor's max resolution.

What games are you two trying to run here? Are you trying to get "high" settings across the board or what?

[quote name='SynGamer']MSI 5750 - $125 after $20 MIR from Newegg.com

Not a bad card, and it's a step up (last I checked) over the 4850 for only ~$15 more.[/QUOTE]

Even if it isn't (like, being on par or a little less so than the 4850), going with the 5750 pretty much future-proofs your system by giving you DirectX11 Capabilities. That is a steal at that price, but the OP has to be willing to wait for that magical $20 to get to him.

[quote name='Earmuffin585']Can someone please recommend a good GPU thats under 130 and is ATI?

My current rig:

Quad core q8200 @ 2.5 ghz
8GB of DDR3 RAM
ATI HD 4670 512 MB (PCI x16 express)
350 watt psu
Win7

I know its not a good gaming rig , but I need something to make it better without do a lot to it . I just need a good gpu is because my friends needs a one and I want to give it to him so we can play together. Also What in the world can I do with 3 PCI 1x ? Thanks for reading![/QUOTE]

dude you fucking have the same computer as i do!!!!!!!
ACER ASPIRE
INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q8300 @ 2.5Ghz
8GB RAM
1TB HDD
DIAMOND RADEON HD 4670 1GB

bread's done
Back