need a good deal on japaneses food like chips,candy ,pop maybe on a site

That would be interesting...I had some Japanese chewing gum that was awesome. I'd like more of it. That and some Banana Nesquik!

Not sure of a site...but probably the cheapest thing to do is if you know someone over there have them go to a 100, 300, 500 yen shop for you then mail you the stuff. Before we came back we stocked up on a ton of candy, chips and drinks and shipped them back.

But if you don't know anyone I guess this won't work.

there are a couple japanese shops around here, but the snacks cost a little more than what they charge in Japan. Food however is a different story. Anyway, try asian supermarkets, they usually carry Japanese candy and snacks. Yesasia.com used to sell food for a high price but they probably weren't making any money

I shop at http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/ a lot.

They have a bunch of yummy snacks and candy I like. (One of my favorites is "Strawberry Filled Koala Biscuits" by Lotte) If you look around you will find some good sales on there. Their normal prices aren't that bad either though. I'm always satisfied with my orders. They're always prompt and professional. Hope that helps! :D

[quote name='KSHLove']there are a couple japanese shops around here, but the snacks cost a little more than what they charge in Japan. Food however is a different story. Anyway, try asian supermarkets, they usually carry Japanese candy and snacks. Yesasia.com used to sell food for a high price but they probably weren't making any money[/quote]

Agree... if you are in a large city just look for the 'Asian district'. Once located you should be able to get candy, soda, t's, toys... even video tapes of Japanese programs.

check international food sections at supermarkets. wal-mart has actually been carrying pocky for several years now. shaw's and stop n shop (in new england) sell yan-yan, pocky, and sometimes the koala's march cookies. or, if you know someone in the boston area, there are several fairly good sized asian supermarkets called super 88 that have a great selection.

Depending on where you're at, there's a store called Uwajimaya that I absolutely LOVE. I shop there whenever I'm in Portland, and before I return to Michigan in the fall for classes I intend to go and buy a large box of various items and ship it to school ^_^

[quote name='Kaleido Katie']I shop at http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/ a lot.

They have a bunch of yummy snacks and candy I like. (One of my favorites is "Strawberry Filled Koala Biscuits" by Lotte) If you look around you will find some good sales on there. Their normal prices aren't that bad either though. I'm always satisfied with my orders. They're always prompt and professional. Hope that helps! :D[/QUOTE]

These things are incredible! OP, I see your location is the Buffalo Area. Wegmans stocks these, and a few other Asian treats in the, who would have guessed it, Asian section of the market. No chips, but some sweets, snack mixes, dried peas, candy and such at reasonable prices.

I also recommend buying melon pan ^_^ It's a delicious bread. The outside is like a form of cookie dough, and the inside is regular sorts of bread, and it can even be flavored.

[quote name='YodaEXE']I also recommend buying melon pan ^_^ It's a delicious bread. The outside is like a form of cookie dough, and the inside is regular sorts of bread, and it can even be flavored.[/quote]

Holy shit! Melon bread!

[quote name='djkunai']Holy shit! Melon bread![/quote]
Yep yep! It's incredibly good. The only reason I even paid any attention to it in the first place was because of the anime Yakitate!! Japan, and the name of the bread caught my eye in the store. Definitely worth a try, it's great stuff. Also, the anime is great as well :D

:whee:

[quote name='YodaEXE']Yep yep! It's incredibly good. The only reason I even paid any attention to it in the first place was because of the anime Yakitate!! Japan, and the name of the bread caught my eye in the store. Definitely worth a try, it's great stuff. Also, the anime is great as well :D

:whee:[/quote]

MELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

[quote name='R1V3R5']I love Ramune soda. The peach and melon are sooooooo good.[/quote]
Agreed. I tried a melon one for the first time last week. It was really good.

Hmm, I think Hello Panda is a lot better than the Koala ones, which are basically just a worse version of Koala Yummies from back in the day.

Best thing is just to search in your yellow pages (or online) for an international market. We have a place here that sells all the stuff from the website above for cheaper. The store by me also gives discounts for 'bulk' purchases ($15 for 20 boxes of Pocky, yum).

I've never had the koala brand snacks because I usually buy Hello Pandas -they are really good. You're basically eating a cookie sized yan-yan. Hi-chews are delicious too, a little expensive online though, they're charging $0.49 more than what they charge at the local japanese shops. But it's not a bad deal if you have none around, they are worth it :D.

I. Love. Ramune! The last time I bought it was at Disney World, but it is so expensive! $2.50 if I remember correctly per bottle :(

bread's done
Back