Need a good laptop cooler

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I need myself a good laptop cooler for a 17" laptop. I went through all the ones on tigerdirect.com and either they dont state their size or their like 10". It doesn't have to be 17" but it does need to be one that can sit in my lap, nothing with a hard plastic at the end of it designed to sit on a table or desk. Thanks for any advice fellow cags.

I have a 17 incher as well. I had a problem with overheating and went through a couple cooling pads. Then I bought the Antec Notebook Cooler. It was a little more expensive than anything else, but I read good reviews about it online. I haven't overheated since getting the unit and also cleaning out the dirt and cat hair from my laptop fan every few months. My 17" laptop fits on it perfectly. Although, my fan is on the left side of my laptop on the bottom, so I scoot it over to the right of the cooler a little to make sure the fan hits the vents. There are 2 speeds on the fan, but I think even the high speed is not very fast. But it seems to get the job done, so I guess it's fine. It also has a blue ambient light that you can turn on/off. It's USB powered.

About sitting on your lap...I have done it with this cooling unit, but it's not the most comfortable. And you need to be careful that your legs don't hit the fan blades (they're plastic, so they don't hurt or anything). What I have done is bought a laptop "desk" that sits in my lap (this one to be precise) and I set everything on top of there.

That's probably not the elegant solution you're looking for, but that's what I've found that works.

Which one is good fexdiwle? As much as I do think the one that f4t4lfury recommended its a little out of what I wanted to pay plus the fact that its not designed to sit on the lap makes it a little more of a pain. Anyone else with any ideas?

bread's done
Back