Need a good space game

peteloaf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Looking for a good space combat game, I'm looking for more action, less sim. Basicaly I want cool spaceships, neat lasers, and not a lot of thinking. Any suggestions?

[quote name='Flying PJ']Freelancer is pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. Best damn space game I've ever played. The only thing bad with it IMO is that the story goes by quickly.

[quote name='maddfrog']I'll second that. Best damn space game I've ever played. The only thing bad with it IMO is that the story goes by quickly.[/QUOTE]

Thirded.

The single player campaign does go by quickly, but you can just run around after you finish it, doing missions, trading, pirating, exploring, etc.

Homeworld
The Homeworld series is a 3D space RTS game. I think he's looking more for a space-sim shooter, like TIE Fighter or Descent. Xwing Alliance and Freespace 2 would be my picks, as both have mods available for download that update the graphics and add tons of missions and content.

Wing Commander is BY FAR the BEST space series i have ever played. Its WAY over due for another game...btw what happened to ORIGIN(the makers of WC)? I know chris roberts went off to do his own command and made Freelancer (awesome game btw). Perhaps the borg (also known as EA) assimiated it? Resistance if futile!

So your picks

Freelancer
Wing Commander series (if you can still find it)
TIE Fighter (the original CD collectors 1995 edition not the 1998 upgraded one)

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I used to love Wing Commander games, especially Privateer. Wing Commander 3 and 4 had really great stories and acting/movies as well.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back