Need a Headset Want: Suggestions

qualityman13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
Hello, I am sure this has been mentioned somewhere before but I could not find it. I am looking for a Microphone to voice chat for the PS3. I dont need anything crazy with surround sound because I already have a surround sound setup in my living room. I just need to to communicate with other players. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I also have quite a bit of Amazon money so if you know of a product amazon sells that would be even better. Thank You!!

I used to have the official Sony Wireless headset (just the regular one that's like a bluetooth headset). I sold it however because 1)the audio quality of other people was great but i was prone to hearing echoes of my own voice and 2)the thing would beep like every 5 seconds while I was on mute. Often times if nobody else has headsets I'll just mute myself so they don't hear me if I'm talking to my fiancee/yelling at my cat/cursing out other players ;) so it would drive me crazy.

I decided to just go for a good old USB wired one that had a mute button. I found a Red Samurai branded one at Gamestop for 19.99 when I went to go look for a copy of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 used. It fits well seems to be built reasonably well and has volume and mute controls.

Best Buy also has a logitech USB one that sometimes goes on sale for like 30 dollars. It's closer to 40 when not on sale. They also have a Dynex one that seems to get decent reviews for about 25. I'm sure you could find the Logitech one on Amazon, not sure about the other two.

Jabra sets are decent, the new official Sony bluetooth set actually integrates nicely into the PS3. Really any headset that works well for your phone will work well with a PS3.

I have the original Sony surround set (not the new pulse) and have no trouble hearing or chatting with players. I like it because I can play late night rounds of call of duty without waking anybody up and it actually helps my game as I can hear footsteps much more clearly.

I'm sure the new Pulse set is even better if you are looking for an around ear setup, but the old one works great imo.

bread's done
Back