Need a new computer tower

GUNNM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
Trying to look around online for a new computer tower my 10 year old tower finally gave out on me yesterday. Can someone recommend me one for around 400$? I don't really game on the PC but if there is one that can play something like SC2 that would be cool.

Tower...sounds like my 70 year old grandmother.

Anyways, are you looking to build your own? You can get so much more for your money if you build your own PC. If not, $400 isn't really going to get you much in a pre-built. If that's the case, you're probably best served waiting for Black Friday and hoping that Wally World or Best Buy has something decent.

Like I said its been 10 years since I've upgraded and no not looking to build my own. Well thanks for the info guess I can wait.

I doubt he's going to be building a computer if he's calling it a tower (no offense).

$400 won't get you much, waiting for Black Friday is a good idea but those cheap computers sell out extremely fast. Check out Tiger Direct, they usually have decent prices on pre-built computer. I doubt you can get something capable of running SC2 for $400. It might run SC1.

wait for black friday/cyber monday. At 400, get anything with a i3-2100 or phenom x3/x4 and aim for a 5770/6770 if possible (550 is roughly equivalent). Basically you'll want a competent cpu and the best video card possible. Don't bother going for a Bulldozer or better Intel cpu if it comes with a worse graphics card.

bread's done
Back