Need a NEW DS Lite, cheap.

beaus27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I got my Polar White DS Lite at launch, June'06.
Over the years the hinge developed cracks and began missing peices until the upper screen no longer stood up in place.

After two failed attempts to repair the system, I have reached the end for my beloved White DS Lite.

Now, I know DS Lites are discontinued but are still available for the new low price of $99.99.
Are there any legitiment retailers selling DS Lite for less than that? Say for example, if Target had DS Lites on clearance for $69.99 or 79.99?
Any help is appreciated.

If you have a Blockbuster Video, it's been reported that people have found them for $50 or some ridiculous price like that. It's been a while since it was first reported so don't get your hopes up.

Have you considered throwing down like $10 to try one of those replacement shells? You'd have to put it together yourself, but since you're looking to buy a new machine anyway, you dont have much to lose (except $10).

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Have you considered throwing down like $10 to try one of those replacement shells? You'd have to put it together yourself, but since you're looking to buy a new machine anyway, you dont have much to lose (except $10).[/QUOTE]
Yupe.That was the first failed attempt to fix my DS.
Bought the shell for $16. Accidentally put a tiny tear in the upper LCD ribbon which led to failed attempt #2.

Let me clarrify my situation here.
I spent $16 on a new white DS shell. Accientally damaged the upper LCD screen ribbon,very small tear.
..now. The company I bought the shell from, will fix my DS Lite for about $50 plus a new upper LCD screen $17(+S&H) That almost the same amount as a new DS Lite.
I will do this myself.Ordered a new upper LCD screen which required desoldering and soldering the speakers on to the new screen.
At some point in all the repairs, the locking catch on the touch screen's tiny ribbon which connects to the circuit board, became damged.

So here I am, spend $100 on a new DS Lite or $54+S&H by letting the company put my DS Lite back together.

[quote name='bob330i']If you have a Blockbuster Video, it's been reported that people have found them for $50 or some ridiculous price like that. It's been a while since it was first reported so don't get your hopes up.[/QUOTE]
Yeah all the Blockbusters in my area are gone. Movie Gallery and Hollywood Videos too. :(

^^^ I had a similar horror repair story with my DS. First screen I broke the ribbon cable too.

Probably spent like $30 on parts + another $20 for the broken DS. Sold it in my lowball after I "fixed" it for $10...

The top screen was cheap from eBay and was yellow compared to the original bottom screen. The speakers that I soldered onto the new screen didn't work as well anymore (didn't have any new material so I reused the old metal holding it on)

Whoever is responsible for designing the guts of the DS Lite made it really a pain in the ass for anyone trying to repair it. PSPs are even easier to repair than these.

bread's done
Back