need a new platformer

orntar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
me and my daughter are close to beating super mario sunshine (one of the most frustratingly evil games that i still wanted to play), and i would like to find something else her and i can play together. she is 6 and can play sms just fine but cant beat any of the chalenges or bosses.

can anyone recommend a fun platformer we can play together, that i would actually enjoy as well?

i saw luigi's mansion and kirby's air ride at target, but they had mediocre rankings and im not sure how platformish they are.

thanks

What about the Ty the Tasmainian Tiger games? My little sister loves those, and they're budget priced. I had a chance to play the second one and it's pretty good. It has the "Hub" area which is a town, and then you can drive to various other areas to initiate the different stages(think driving to missions in GTA). The whole "vibe" is nice too with lots of Austrailian-y "Down Under" music, "Outback" themed characters, and really vibrant colors.

Luigi is not quite a platformer. (not really any jumping). However it is a fantastic game, very fun, original, and a cool mechanic with sucking up ghosts. I think it got panned for not being a Mario game at launch.

For the Gamecube? Well not sure if Zelda is considered one, but the Wind Waker would be an awesome choice for the both of you. Should be $20 or even cheaper if you get it used.

And if it's for the both of you, maybe you should look for some fun co-op games (so you guys can play at the same time) for the cube as well: like Lego Star Wars, or Pikmin 2 (i think is co-op as well).

Just a thought, hope it helps.

the ones that spring off of my mind are Billy Hatcher, Rayman 3 (featuring the voice talent of the Billy West!) and Wario World.
But i concur that the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger are pnes to play. I love platformers but the gamecube really doesn't have as many as it should.
On the xbox there is voodoo vince and psychonauts (both games i loved)
so i found myself playing those more than the gamecube ones

i do have pshyconauts for the ps2, but i think she would lose interest in it cause of it detailed conversations. plus i want to play by myself and she notices that we "magically" got ahead in the game.

i think i may go get luigi's mansion and something else. wasnt there a is the buy 2 get one free for budget titles at target recently? (wifes fav store, may bea able to get her to pick one up)

What about Pac Man World 2? It's not a very hard game, but it's not that easy either. There's also a lot to do since you have to collect fruit and coins to unlock arcade games and stuff.

My daughter likes playing the Spyro games. I just got her Madagascar but she hasn't been able to play it yet. Oh and don't forget Wind Waker. It's great fun for people of all ages.

My girlfriend loves Spyro, those always work well. Hmmm theres always the Mario party games, not very platformish, but that would be a game both u and your daughter would probably have fun with.

bread's done
Back