Need a Program to convert AVI to MPEG

dsullo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am looking for a free program to convert an avi file to MPEG. I tried many programs online and they all have watermarks or the trial version will convert only 50% of the file. I really did not want to buy a program to convert 1 file. Anyone know of a free program that does it all with no watermarks or strings attached?

Please Help

Let me add that the file in AVI format is on my PC. I want burn it on a DVD on my Macbook. The MacBook does not seem to like the AVI file. So I think it will work if I convert the file to another format.

The Video is of the long Lost Star Wars Holiday Special which aired on TV only 1 time. It is a god alwful show, but worth watching if you are a Star Wars Fan

Dustin

You might want to look into MediaCoder at http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net
It is a pretty nice graphical tool for doing video and audio conversions.

I've been using ffmpeg on Linux for a number of years; I know many of its little tricks, but MediaCoder is quickly becoming my goto solution for quick/easy conversions.

I can't remember the name of the program I use but it's free ware and it converts an AVI file and burns it to DVD in one step - it takes forever (leave it on overnight) but the results are well worth the effort. You can also insert breaks and stuff - I usually set up a chapter break every 10 minutes and I can fit about 5 episodes of TV to a DVDR. I'll look it up when I get home later.

bread's done
Back