Need a tv...

tayaf69

CAGiversary!
Are there any good deals on tvs at the present moment? I just bought a "wonderful" 20" tv from target on clearence for 56.00. It's a flat screen Sharp, BUT I just noticed that there is a line that goes up and down the tv so I believe the tube is shot (hense the discount???). If i can't fix it, which I beleive I can't, I would like to get another tv. Are there any good deals on tvs right now? LCDs around 20" or so or anything? Just let me know. Thanks!

Wait, is it line a horizontal line that goes like down to the bottom of the screen and then back to the top?

Because if thats the case, its that you need an amp in your house for your cable line. My dad works for Time Warner and was expliaining this to my uncle the other day because his what...50" Plasma was doin this as well.

On the other hand, if you don't want the TV, I'll take it...:p

That's what I thought it was, but then it also does it on my dvds. I unplugged my cable cord to see if it was interfering, but it still had the line. I can even put it on the input channel and see the line.

I just bought a Samsung HL-R5667W for $2,000 from ButterflyPhoto.com, which is $1,100 below retail. $229 shipping, but tax-free makes up for that.

I am looking for a new TV as well. They have a RCA 27" in the K-Mart flyer this mrning for $249. I beat at Christmas time it will be down to $199.

The warrenty is what I was hoping for, but would Sharp offer a warrenty if it came with no box or anything? It was just the tv.

I am willing to spend

One more thing....

I also bought an audiovox dvd player with a complete 5.1 surround sound speakers included in the box. It was only 45.00 on clearance from 130.00 so it seemed like a great deal. The speakers work amazing. But the dvd player is LOUD. It sounds like a freaking computer cd rom at times. It revs up really loud and then dims down. It never seems to stop this. Should I take this back, or is this normal? My older dvd players never seemed to hum this much.

[quote name='tayaf69']One more thing....

I also bought an audiovox dvd player with a complete 5.1 surround sound speakers included in the box. It was only 45.00 on clearance from 130.00 so it seemed like a great deal. The speakers work amazing. But the dvd player is LOUD. It sounds like a freaking computer cd rom at times. It revs up really loud and then dims down. It never seems to stop this. Should I take this back, or is this normal? My older dvd players never seemed to hum this much.[/QUOTE]

How the hell do you guys get such good deals?

[quote name='TimPV3']Because their products are kind of shitty?[/QUOTE]
LOL!
Lots of patients and some luck and you'll find good deals. Keep checking the deal threads in forums like these and you'll find lots.

[quote name='greenbags125']How the hell do you guys get such good deals?[/QUOTE]
I go to target once a week to check for clearanced items. And yes, they are the best of quality, but for the price I paid, I am sure they are GREAT. I just wish the tv worked.

Back to the deal part of this discussion though....

Are there any rumors of BF deals yet? I want an LCD tv really bad, but the cheapest I've seen is at Sam's Club for 399.99 and it's a 20" LCD.

bread's done
Back