Need a Wii? The Offical Wii Locator thread (CC/BB/TRU/Target 4/27)

I'm pretty sure Meijer will have them on the week of the 30th. I work for one in Kentucky and was browsing upcoming ads on the intranet, and I saw Wiis on that ads scans.

I will double check tonight and post my findings in the morning (I work nights). :bouncy:

EDIT: Yes indeed, the Meijer ad does show Wiis in their 3/30 starting ad. It says 'while at least 12 last per store'. For something like the Wii I imagine it's in all markets that Meijer is found in.

where do you live adawg? i heard about gamestop having them and i called 4 gamestops around me in Los Angeles and they said they didn't get any shipments today =/ maybe it'll ship tomorrow?

I live in New York City. I called them at 12 and they said they didnt have any. When I called them again at around 4, they had just gotten some in.

ah okay sounds good! i called the gamestops around 4 and none of them had any. in fact, two said to try tomorrow so hopefully there was a delay in the shipment, at least for southern california =)

I just called Target at 9:00am and they had them. (I live near Albany, NY). The salesguy said they weren't expecting any for another few weeks, but got a surprise shipment. So, I finally got mine. Good luck!

poo.. east coast gettin all the love! i called the target near me before they opened and they said they didn't receive any shipments =(

Looks like they changed that return policy, actually. The note says that you have to return the whole bundle, unless something is defective.

I was going to get the cc one, but i heard the company sent out a memo about not being able to return the games from the bundle =(

NOTICE TO THOSE IN NYC!
I just went back the the GameStop in which I bought mine from yesterday, and they still had more. Its the one on 86th and Broadway in Manhattan. Number is 917-441-4160.

[quote name='adawg555']NOTICE TO THOSE IN NYC!
I just went back the the GameStop in which I bought mine from yesterday, and they still had more. Its the one on 86th and Broadway in Manhattan. Number is 917-441-4160.[/quote]

917 is a cell phone number?

woo! my guess worked out! all the gamestops received shipments today in the so cal area. I was at school when i called during lunch and was lucky enough to snag to last one at one of the gamestops =) the hunt is over!

Oh, I forgot...thanks to this thread, my friend in Georgia was able to buy a Wii from Wal-Mart last week. He's now thorughly enjoying SSBB. Thanks for the tip, folks (esp. to Organ Donor)!

Still no shipments to any of the GameStops in central New Mexico (Albuquerque metro area). I also checked several Targets, Toys'R'Us, Best Buy, Sears, and Circuit City with no luck anywhere. :(

[quote name='kdbar']I was going to get the cc one, but i heard the company sent out a memo about not being able to return the games from the bundle =([/quote]

Just returned the 3 games I received with a Wii back to a B/M store on Saturday, March 22nd. The store was located in Appleton, WI

[quote name='speedy1961']Wiis at Circuit City Brick & Mortar stores on 3/30/08[/quote]

Bundles or stand alone consoles?

My wife went into our local Best Buy (Stockton, CA) today to pick up FF: CC for me and found that they had received a shipment of Wiis today. Needless to say, she picked one up for us... You might want to give your local BB a once over today!

Tap tap - there's a wii availability thread on the top.

Stickied even.

And in there - many people have said - sign up for WiiAlerts and you'll do fine.

I just got one w/o a hitch.

[quote name='nikkai']Tap tap - there's a wii availability thread on the top.

Stickied even.

And in there - many people have said - sign up for WiiAlerts and you'll do fine.

I just got one w/o a hitch.[/QUOTE]

I signed up for Wii Alerts and it did me no good. The first 3 alerts I got were through email only, since the item sells out in less than 5 minutes the odds of me checking my email during that time are slim to none. Today I actually got a text message but the txt didn't arrive until 12:06. The Wii's were on sale at 12:01 so by the time I got to Amazon (12:07, one minute after getting the txt) they were already gone.

[quote name='Staind204']This is ridiculous. Either someone is buying all of them as soon as they go up or Amazon only puts up like 10 at a time.[/quote]

The original poster copied the deal from SD, so likely they were the ones who scored first. Also, Amazon is a HIGH volume site - two years ago, when they tried their first series of Thanksgiving day deals, they sold out of 1000 XBox 360s in under a minute. It is highly likely they have the supply, and demand is still incredibly high.

Also, what is up with that link in the first place... I thought Cheapy was supposed to get the affiliate cred?

[quote name='Staind204']I signed up for Wii Alerts and it did me no good. The first 3 alerts I got were through email only, since the item sells out in less than 5 minutes the odds of me checking my email during that time are slim to none. Today I actually got a text message but the txt didn't arrive until 12:06. The Wii's were on sale at 12:01 so by the time I got to Amazon (12:07, one minute after getting the txt) they were already gone.[/QUOTE]

What phone service do you have and what area are you in?

Chicago - T-Mobile

WiiAlerts worked fine for me even during the Christmas season when every single nephew/friend's kids wanted one - and everybody got one thanks to WiiAlerts (and me, for a small service charge, ie: Ice Cream =D )

FYI: Amazon has been known to restock on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday around the noon hour. Maybe keep your phone next to a window.

There are of course mixed results, but by doing all of this, you improve your odds tenfold compared to one who hasn't signed up

Just got back from the Target at the corner of Taylorsville Road and Hurstbourne. They have 18 wii's left in stock.

man....all of you guys are lucky...i'm living in Boston and can't find one ANYWHERE....it's been pretty ridiculous...itrackr isn't much help either...anyone else having the same problem in the New England area?

I asked my CC and they said they are getting them in, just as this thread said, he however said give them a call on saturday to be sure they are going to have them to sell Sunday morning.

He also told me that last time they got a shipment in the first one sold at 4am and the last unit was sold at 7am So he said so long as I am there by 6am I should be fine.

Anyone else have experience getting them right when the stores open and do you think I should be there before 6am or is that a good time?

Finally, I failed to ask him, but standalone consoles are $250 correct?

[quote name='BrolyB593']I asked my CC and they said they are getting them in, just as this thread said, he however said give them a call on saturday to be sure they are going to have them to sell Sunday morning.

He also told me that last time they got a shipment in the first one sold at 4am and the last unit was sold at 7am So he said so long as I am there by 6am I should be fine.

Anyone else have experience getting them right when the stores open and do you think I should be there before 6am or is that a good time?

Finally, I failed to ask him, but standalone consoles are $250 correct?[/quote]

when does your store open or usually opens on Sundays...cause i was planning to go at like 6:00-6:30

Online they say they open at 10:00am but I swore before when I talked to someone there about it, they said they open earlier for the Wiis

Because if I get there at 6 am I really going to have to wait 4 hours??

Ill call Saturday when I see for sure they are going to have it in the morning and see when exactly they sell them

Re: Amazon and complaints about WiiTracker -

I managed to get a Wii from Amazon yesterday (3/26), despite them only being up for 3 minutes. I had even forgotten to set up one-click purchasing, so it's more than possible to get one. You have to keep it in perspective: if a store is only going to have them in for one day, then showing up a few hours early is huge. If Amazon is only going to have them up for a few minutes, then showing up a few seconds early is huge. Just as they say on the WiiTracker website, you can not rely on cell or e-mail alerts when compared to simply staying on the site.

I was browsing forums, but I had WiiTracker up in the background. It was set up to play a very annoying sound and pop up a window, and it did just that the second they went on sale. I never received a cell alert, and I only received an e-mail alert roughly 1-2 minutes after the pop up. This means that if you're waiting for a cell alert, it may never come. If you're waiting for an e-mail alert, it may be too late. If you can not sit on that site waiting, then you simply can not get a Wii off Amazon. There are far too many people interested.

That said, one important thing I remember from yesterday was this: before the Wii console itself showed up at all to purchase, the Wii console + controller deal was showing just below the image of the console itself. Amazon often offers package deals if you buy another product with an item you're after, and this was offered prior to being able to buy the console alone. I personally chose this deal, and had no problem getting it. Even if you don't really need the controller (which, if you don't have a Wii but intend on playing with other people, you do need it), $298 for the console and a controller isn't even far off from what you'd pay after taxes at a retail store. You can sell the controller if you need to and still turn a profit over the alternatives.

Check for the package deal next time you try Amazon, and keep in mind that unless you have the site up and are looking at your PC the moment the window pops up, you're probably out of luck. Good luck everyone.

bread's done
Back