Need a Wireless Router

Squashua

CAG Veteran
I have a 3 year old Linksys currently, but it's having a constant monthly spat with Comcast. In that every month, my router suddenly cannot connect to the internet and I have to reset it and sometimes call Comcast to reset themselves.

It's a pain in the ass, considering the wireless laptop and the Wii want internets too.

I'm considering replacing with a Netgear RangeMax ( WPN824 ) but can't find it less than $70.00 (approx.)

I'm sort of cashed out on the whole Buy.com $10 off GCO deal (though I might do it if that's the only sort of deal I can get).

Any suggestions / recommendations ?

[quote name='projectgoboy']Woot.com has one today, don't know if it's what you are looking for or not.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap.

Urgh: refurbished.

Google lists the router as on sale for $55.99 at PacificGeek.com, so you may want to give it a look. I haven't dealt with that said, so make sure to do your research.

I'm also in the market for a new router, but I'm looking to jump into the .n side of the pool...cheapest I can seem to scare up is about $60 for a lowly-rated Belkin at NewEgg.

I'm squeamish about getting any Netgear product. I have one of the 108 mps Super G routers they have, and I lose signal all the daggum time, even when I dumb it down to regular G mode. I'm just waiting for the Buffalo lawsuit to end.

I have a Linksys WRT54G v.3

I discovered Tomato and installed it over the existing (up-to-date) Linksys firmware.

I no longer have any connectivity problems with Comcast.

It was a toss-up between Tomato and DD-WRT, and Tomato seemed to be a better fit for me.

Long Story Short: I no longer need a new router.

bread's done
Back