Need advice, a new ebayer with zero feedback just used BIN on my item.

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
I just sold my DOA 5 CE on ebay and I listed it as Buy it now. I check the buyer... it was register today, 10/4, the dude also have zero feedback. I am getting a little scare... is it safe? I check the paypal payment:

Seller Protection: Eligible
Address: Confirm
Payment: Unverified

If the payment has not been completed, you don't need to do anything yet.

Only once it's been completed and in your bank account you can go ahead and go through with it.

The important parts really are making sure you get paid, and the funds are in your account, and confirm the Paypal address is confirmed.

If there is an issue with the payment being put on hold for one reason or another, make sure to contact the buyer and let them know about the issue or contact paypal and see what they say.

People sign up all the time with new accounts, so it shouldn't be a huge deal, but you may also want to take a look in this thread,

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189537

just to be safe it's not one of those buyers.

In any case, just make sure you have the money, and also shipping address is confirmed, and you should be fine, but nowadays it's no guarantee still.

For God's sake, pay to get a tracking label put on your package! It's a small fee, and it will be a huge help if the customer complains about the item not arriving. One of the first sales I made on eBay (a Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc), the buyer (who lives in Vegas) sent me a message complaining that the item didn't work and asking for a refund, and filed a complaint on eBay when I didn't respond right away (I was asleep at the time, as the message was sent at 1:00 a.m. [for me, anyways - I live in Maryland]). That very same day, I got a returned package in the mail, with the same address as the guy who had ordered my disc (I hadn't put enough postage on or something). The guy had never even received the disc in the first place (I should have been suspicious right away, since there is no way standard delivery will get a package from Maryland to Nevada in less than a day). I shipped it back with added postage (but I didn't add tracking) then called eBay customer service. Luckily, since the complaint he filed was about the disc not working, and it was impossible for him to have received the item so quickly, the case was closed in my favor, but I learned a valuable lesson: always add tracking to your shipments.

Just get tracking with signature confirmation, then you'll be protected in nearly every circumstance (unless the buyer claims it was the wrong item).

[quote name='Doomstink']Just get tracking with signature confirmation, then you'll be protected in nearly every circumstance (unless the buyer claims it was the wrong item).[/QUOTE]

That won't help against damaged item claims.

[quote name='Vinny']That won't help against damaged item claims.[/QUOTE]

Insurance! You know, the funny thing about the USPS is that they'll roll out their own secret delivery confirmation number to try and cover their asses if you start a claim (even if you have never purchased a DC#).

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Insurance! You know, the funny thing about the USPS is that they'll roll out their own secret delivery confirmation number to try and cover their asses if you start a claim (even if you have never purchased a DC#).[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a secret. They started placing an additional sticker with a serial number on packages without DC, signature confirmation or insurance... it doesn't work on the normal tracking though.

And insurance is a PITA. You can google it and see how many problems people have with such claims, though the problem isn't limited to the USPS. Hell, UPS calls it "declared value" instead of insurance (no matter what you put, you're only guaranteed against $100).

bread's done
Back