Need Advice - Battlefield: BC2 - PS3 or 360?

CrimsonPaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
OK, I'm looking to grab a copy of BFBC2 but don't know if I should get it on PS3 or 360. I've got more "friends" on 360, but since I game so irregularly I don't do much multiplayer gaming I don't have a platform of choice at this point.

I know XBL has screaming 10 year olds, and on the flip side PSN seems to have nobody using headsets.

What are your thoughts / recommendations?

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']OK, I'm looking to grab a copy of BFBC2 but don't know if I should get it on PS3 or 360. I've got more "friends" on 360, but since I game so irregularly I don't do much multiplayer gaming I don't have a platform of choice at this point.

I know XBL has screaming 10 year olds, and on the flip side PSN seems to have nobody using headsets.

What are your thoughts / recommendations?[/QUOTE]

This game may as well have been online only, as single player is quick with little reason to replay. I can't speak to PS3, but if you have a few freinds who have it on XBL, that should make the decision for you. If not, you have to weigh how many fucking jerks are on when you usually play, as it can be quite sucky playing with people who don't take the teamwork aspect seriously.

I run into fewer 10 year olds on XBL than you might imagine.

I owned it on 360 for a week before trading it (I can't do FPS on consoles) -- If you have people/friends you can play with regularly (or at any time that you are playing) then go for 360. The experience is 10x better with a squad/friends that know what they're doing.

Often you end up on squads with no mics, doing nothing to help eachother (not to mention they're losing out on points for not being helpful), otherwise.

I have no experience with PS3 games online.

i have it on the 360 and i've been hooked, i also dug the sp mode, but i liked the first one as well. yeah it's short and the ending is rather sudden. some things i'd consider, which controller do you like the most? even if you do have more friends on xbl, do you continue to plan on paying for it? the free online gaming on the ps3 is tempting. while on the 360, i haven't heard/seen any screaming 10 year olds. with mw2, i could not make the same claim, they seem to be everywhere, and why must they sing? knowing very little about it on the ps3, i'd imagine there are even less mics. on the 360, when i do hear people talking they are usually telling me that there is a guy behind me or something, which i am happy to hear. either way it's a totally different community than the mw2 folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you can only chat with squadmates (you and 3 other people) so don't worry about mics too much. Usually no one has one or uses one though.

I thought this game was pretty "Meh" but last saturday, I played with my 1 XBL friend who has it and we had a BLAST. We were doing Squad Deathmatch (4 teams of 4 competing for kills) and it was amazing to be coordinated and using actual tactics, it was incredible.

It might as well be the L4D of competitive shooters, which no one really sees it as.

It was amazing organizing ourselves on how to attack, tons of different tactics to use, it really was amazing.

So if you've got friends to actively play with, go for it!

I've put 32 hours into the online on the 360 and you will be just fine on the 360. Like mentioned you only hear 3 other people at any time. I haven't heard a since 10 year old or anything. Unlike Halo 3 where I keep the mute button on fire, I haven't muted anyone. I don't have any friends on my list who play, everyone plays MW2 but I don't have any problems enjoying the game.

A final note is that even if you opt to go without a mic, you won't be lost in the game. People can call out other players with the back button and you can select which point your squad should attack. I've only played Rush so I can't vouch for how much fun the others playlists are without a mic.

i have it for ps3, occasionally you get into a squad with mic's. it is rare but it happens. i've played online for maybe around 20-30hrs and the games are hit/miss some games you'll have an amazing squad who all work together and you dominate each game.

then you have a game where nobody talks, and everyone seems to be doing their own thing and you lose.

i say get it for whatever system you know more people who play and what you are more comfortable with.

I have it for both systems and like you I hardly have time to game. But from what I can tell you it seems that the 360 version is better. IMO - it looks like the game was made to run better on the 360. After 15 minutes of playing on the PS3 you can actually hear the fan spinning loudly and yes I've tried other games and this doesn't happen.

I also owned it for both systems, but prefer it on PS3 because I play with the same squad all of the time. The key is to stick with the same people once you find good teammates.

i just got BF: BC 1 about 2 weeks ago for 360. i did this because i have only a 360. i also did this because i know if a new big FPS comes out the first 2-3 months are horrible with little kids and stupid people. I don't have awesome fps skills but i pick up on team elements pretty fast, so if you just get the first one almost everyone already knows what they are doing, most of the people seem to be of older age (at least 16+ because they have to buy it themselves and don't want to spend $60), so expect better teams (u will have to play leader a few times as 1 in 4 use mic).

The biggest reason is because its going to be nothing but level whores for a few months ( you have to level to get guns). On top of that they track K/D.... so expect to randomly fight a team (or have a team) of nothing but snipers trying to go 40 - 3 on a map where your goal is to blowup a crate. once the good people have gotten most of the guns unlocked, little kids have gone, and the skill level ( of your teammates for objective based gameplay) has gone up i will get the game, and it will be cheaper..... so i guess get the first one on.... 360? idk if ps3 still has as many people playing, but whenever i auto-join its a full server, and if someone leaves the spot fills in under 30 secs, so plenty play it.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']The Dr Pepper codes only work on 360 if that is a consideration.[/QUOTE]
PS3 and PC DLCs will be available later.

360 all the way

- people actually talk
- the controller is better for fps by a mile
- party chats
- you said yourself that your friends play on it
- achievements

My PS3 is for exclusives and exclusives only. All multiplat games go to 360 for me.

Well, I got a copy for the PS3 through GS since I got $10 credit but I'm wondering if I should swap that out for the 360 version (given that damn near everyone says to go 360). Ugh, now do I open it or swap it out ..... decisions, decisions.

bread's done
Back