Need advice buying a 3D TV for KZ3

haize

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So with Killzone 3 about to release in a few weeks, i wanted to maybe buy a 3D TV to actually play a AAA game in 3D with. The thing is im on a budget and im wondering if any other cags found a 3D setup for their PS3 for somewhere around $500, keep in mind i would be fine with like a 32 or 27 inch screen.

[quote name='haize']So with Killzone 3 about to release in a few weeks, i wanted to maybe buy a 3D TV to actually play a AAA game in 3D with. The thing is im on a budget and im wondering if any other cags found a 3D setup for their PS3 for somewhere around $500, keep in mind i would be fine with like a 32 or 27 inch screen.[/QUOTE]

I hate to be the one to say this, but I'd wait until my budget were more than $500 if I were you. Besides, with 3D you need to sit a good distance from the television in order to really appreciate the effects; would you really want a 27 inch? I'm going to try to purchase a 3D tv late this year, and I don't want to settle for anything less than 50 inches at this point.

I don't think it's worth it. You're gonna buy a whole new TV for one game and you don't even know if or how it's going to work? I waited until last year before buying a HD TV since I wasn't spending more than $250 or so (and nothing bigger than 23-25 inches), plus my old set still worked fine. 3D is the least of my concerns because the graphics aren't what makes a game. Doesn't matter if it's SD, HD, 3D, whatever. Gameplay first.

I'm still urging people to wait on 3D. It's still advancing and prices are still going down. No reason to buy one at this point, maybe next year if you want the gimmick so bad. Would also be good to try one out. Most people I've talked to say their eyes hurt after a couple of hours.

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm still urging people to wait on 3D. It's still advancing and prices are still going down. No reason to buy one at this point, maybe next year if you want the gimmick so bad. Would also be good to try one out. Most people I've talked to say their eyes hurt after a couple of hours.[/QUOTE]

I agree here and also with the coming of non glasses 3d not to far in the future... 3DS and Sony displayed a working demo already it might be best just to wait on it

I dunno about you guys, but I tested those units on display at Best Buy and BJ's with the 3d viewers and....I don't see a difference..

I haven't seen a whole lot of video games in 3D yet but I can speak positively for film, especially some of the sports and nature programs I was able to demo. The Fifa World Cup tournament in 3D looked amazing. Killzone 3 is really the first BIG 3D gaming title I'm curious about. If it looks good then I'm really hoping Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 follow suit. But I'm not going to actually buy a set until around the time Uncharted 3 comes out, September-October timeframe.

bread's done
Back