Need Advice (Craigslist): "Almost New" Xbox 360 Slim - $200 and Other Deal

thepik241

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hello, I saw on Craigslist two ads that peaked my interest:

1. "Brand New Unopened 250 GB XBox" (http://charlotte.craigslist.org/vgm/1926227595.html): After some (surprisingly easy) bargaining he brought down the price to $200, but only if we meet tomorrow on a university campus, which is where I was going to be throughout the day anyway. This deal is the one that interests me the most however I am not sure if it is legitimate or not. When asking what comes with the Xbox he says it comes with the console, headset, controller and cables.

2. Red Dead Redemption (PS3) and DualShock 3 controller (http://charlotte.craigslist.org/vgm/1926181146.html): I am not as interested in this deal as the one above however after messaging the seller I managed to bargain down the price of both items for $50. The seller said both of the items are in "very good condition".

What do you think of the deals (especially the first deal)? Any help would be wonderful! Especially since I am planning on meeting with the first seller tomorrow morning.

Links are not working for some reason, but if I was you I would go for the 360. Good price and you seem like you are leaning towards a 360 sooner or later so just get one now

Thanks, I met up with the 360 seller and I managed to bring down the price to $180. Turns out it really was unopened.

Then I met up with the other seller and got Red Dead Redemption (PS3) and a white DualShock 3 controller for $50.

From the looks of it I think I got a good deal, no?

[quote name='radar5']nice bargaining. Way to take advantage of a poor college student :p[/QUOTE]

I am also a college student. :p

[quote name='jousley']Now you have to tell us after you hook it up if it works.[/QUOTE]

I hooked up everything yesterday and it runs perfectly. I even transfered my data from my old 360 to my new 360. Much to my surprise the 360 Slim is REALLY quiet...

You should call into microsoft to register it. See if they say the item was stolen, thats the only reason I see them selling the item for less then they could have just returned it for.

bread's done
Back