Need advice for a trade-in

Finelli88

CAGiversary!
so right now im sure everyone knows about the tiered trade at gamestop, trade 2, get $10 extra, trade 4, get $25 extra, trade 7 get $50.

anyway, i currently have 12 games game i want to trade in, say if i trade in 7 and i get the $50, if i trade in the other 5 at another time will i get an extra $25 or will it know that i already took part in the deal?

also, ive heard rumors that there is going to be a trade in deal to get 50% extra on all trade ins (would it becuase 60% with my edge card or does that just apply to buying games) anyway, do you guys think i should go for the first deal or wait for confirmation on this second one and take this one... i just want to know which way will get me more money, i'll list the games if need be haha, just to get an idea of what i'll be getting

thanks in advance guys

oh btw :newbie:, im new here, so be kind :whistle2:D

oh poo, i just read that the trade in offer ends today... oh well.. guess this stupid stack will just get larger...

Just an FYI, they wouldn't know that you already traded in the 7, but you would probably want to go to a 2nd Gamestop to trade the other 5 or if you only have one in the area just come back the next day.

I'm a manager at GameStop and can help you with this info. You wouldn't have to go to another GS if you have more than 7 games. You simply tell them you want to do the trades on two different transactions and you should be good.

The only way this wouldn't work is if you had a bunch of assholes working at your local store. I for one don't have an issue with something like this... I want my fellow gamers to have the best deal they possibly can and many other GS employees would tell you the same.

Contrary to popular belief, not all GS employees are pricks. I would be the among the many that will tell you that yes, many of our deals are ripoffs... but we do provide a means to get rid of games in a very quick manner.

But anyway, back on topic, you shouldn't have an issue with maximizing your trade in to get the most out of the deal. If you have the Edge card, it ALWAYS stacks on any trade in promo going on, so yes, you get the additional 10%... don't let anyone at GS tell you otherwise.

Good luck and hope you get the best out of it and get some games you really want.

Thanks guys, I actually have 3 gamestops rather close to me, guess ill go to one and trade in 7 then go to the other with the other 5!

bread's done
Back