Need advice for selling mega Sega Dreamcast Bundle

cgh312

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Hi,

I have been wanting to sell my Sega Dreamcast collection on eBay, but have no clue what a fair bid/price would be. Does anybody have a good ballpark figure for a collection with the following?

Included in this bundle are the following:

- 1 boxed Sega Dreamcast with original box, manual, phone cord, controller, AV cables, & power cord

- 1 third-party S-video cable
- 2 Rumble Packs (one Sega brand & one Performance brand)
- 1 MadCatz controller
- 1 Import ACSII Fighting Pad controller
- 2 controller extension cables
- 1 Nexus 4Meg memory card
- 1 smoke Sega VMU (Visual Memory Unit)
- 1 Sega 4Meg Memory Card with original box and instructions
- 1 Sega Fishing Controller
- 1 InterAct Light Blaster
- 1 Dreamcast Gameshark

The following 54 games are complete and in great condition:
- Capcom vs. SNK (Japanese Version) (Cane be played using the Gameshark)
- Confidential Mission
- Crazy Taxi
- Crazy Taxi 2
- Daytona USA
- Dead or Alive 2
- Flag to Flag
- Gauntlet Legends
- Grandia II
- House of the Dead 2
- Jet Grind Radio
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- King of Fighters: Dream Match 99
- King of Fighters: Evolution
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
- Marvel vs. Capcom
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2
- MDK 2
- Mortal Kombat Gold
- NBA 2K1
- NBA Showtime
- NFL 2K1
- Project Justice
- Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica
- Re-Volt
- Royal Rumble
- Samba De Amigo
- Sega Bass Fishing
- Sega GT
- Sega Marine Fishing
- Sega Rally 2
- Sega Smashpack Vol. 1
- SF Rush: 2049
- Silent Scope
- Sonic Adventure
- Soul Calibur
- Speed Devils
- Spider-man (has a slighty sticky used case)
- Sports Jam
- Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles
- Street Fighter Alpha 3
- Street Fighter III: Double Impact
- Tech Romancer
- The Last Blade 2
- Tokyo Xtreme Racer
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense
- Virtua Tennis
- Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
- Wacky Races
- WWF Attitude
- Zombie Revenge

I'd start the bidding at $199.99, I quickly went through the list and just used rough estimates but I would say it's worth around $350 total (maybe more, but like I said, it was a rough estimate), so maybe start at $299.99 if you want to be extra safe that you will get a fair amount.

start the bidding at $10 to get the peoples attention.... but have a reserve of at least $200. DO NOT EVER start an item at $200 etc, it will get NO attention. Trust me, I've sold things that for MORE than people had their items started at and they never even got ONE BID! Ebay is a starnge place with no logic.

[quote name='zionoverfire']take out the higher priced stuff and sell it seperately to increase profits.[/quote]

I agree 100%

[quote name='William Smith']start the bidding at $10 to get the peoples attention.... but have a reserve of at least $200. DO NOT EVER start an item at $200 etc, it will get NO attention. Trust me, I've sold things that for MORE than people had their items started at and they never even got ONE BID! Ebay is a starnge place with no logic.[/quote]

actually reserves cut down on bidding and the cost of a reserve is well expensive. That's why I say take out the expensive stuff and start the rest out cheap, if it doesnt' seem to get to an amount you want close down the auction.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='zionoverfire']take out the higher priced stuff and sell it seperately to increase profits.[/quote]

I agree 100%[/quote]

Good because I think I stole that move from your playbook

:notworth:

Well I think WS's main point is that if you are going to do a starting bid of $200, do a starting bid of $10 with a reserve of $200 instead to get more traffic to your listing.

Seems like good advice to me. IIRC the fee for a reserve is the same as if your starting bid where the reserve price, so it costs the same.

I think I'd suggest going with what several others have said, split it up. More work, but should yield better results.

Starting stuff at $0.01 is easy and low listing fee, but it can be hit or miss. I sold several of the same item (different weeks) all starting at a penny and some ended at twice the amount of others. Just weird.

bread's done
Back