Need advice/help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oni_saru_sensei

CAGiversary!
Okay so I lost my phone yesterday at JCPenny. I've never lost my phone. It was the first time for me. I tried calling it and since it was still ringing, I figured no one had picked it up, the person who picked it up intends to give it back, or the person intends to use my phone for their purposes. Since I got no calls and customer service hadn't received any found phones, possiblility two was dead. Therefore there was hope someone had not yet found it!

Unforutunately that possiblity was also dead. When I got home and checked my phone's usage, it turns out a person had picked it up and used a text to contact someone. I got the contact's number. Called them. Told them to get me in contact with that person, etc.

Finally talked to the daughter of the person. I told them to call me and set up a location to get my phone. She said that her mom would give it to me later this week. I told her I want it ASAP. So since we couldn't meet up yesterday, I told her to call me today so I can get it back today!

So I wait and wait and am still waiting for their call. But now I'm wondering if I should just report it to the police. I didn't want the police to get involved but considering how much the person who has my phone has been stalling and that they didn't give my phone to the store employees, then I get the feeling they want to keep it.

Should I continue to wait and call after 5 to see if the mom's back from work (I have their home number (assuming it's their real home number))? or should I just report it to the police and see if they'll do anything about getting my phone back??

Help would be appreciated!!!!

[quote name='shieryda']The first thing you need to do is call your service provider. You're going to end up with a huge bill.[/QUOTE]

I already called them. Luckily the person didn't buy extra crap or use extra services I didn't have. Other than those two text messages. My bill will still be okay!

My phone is basically useless to them now. However, I really want it back since there are loads of pics I hadn't uploaded to my comp yet!!

[quote name='munch']Why were you at JC Penney?[/QUOTE]
I was buying my mom a b-day gift =)

success!! no longer need help on what to do!!! person finally called and turned it in to a store. Gonna go pick it up now!! No need to call the police!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back