Need advice: I just got the green light, 360 style

y2jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
First off, my apologies if this has been brought up in another thread, I'm too excited to dig thru the topics.

My higher power just mave me the a-ok to purchase a 360. So, I have two questions for the wonderful folks on these boards.

1. Should I wait to purchase one in the store or should I go ahead and order one online ? (I was thinking about waiting until EB gets them to trade in my black box)
2. Premium or core ? It seems that premium is definitely the way to go, but I don't know if the hard drive will be cheaper to purchase seperately later.

The only game that I'm super interrested in getting first off is PDZ. I have enough backwards compatible games to keep me busy for awhile. I still haven't taken the plunge into Jade Empire yet. So, this is why I've been eyeing the EB/GS bundle w/PDZ. I don't want to make a rash decision, so I though I'd throw this out there and see what the CAGing community has to say.

[quote name='y2jedi']First off, my apologies if this has been brought up in another thread, I'm too excited to dig thru the topics.

My higher power just mave me the a-ok to purchase a 360. So, I have two questions for the wonderful folks on these boards.

1. Should I wait to purchase one in the store or should I go ahead and order one online ? (I was thinking about waiting until EB gets them to trade in my black box)
2. Premium or core ? It seems that premium is definitely the way to go, but I don't know if the hard drive will be cheaper to purchase seperately later.

The only game that I'm super interrested in getting first off is PDZ. I have enough backwards compatible games to keep me busy for awhile. I still haven't taken the plunge into Jade Empire yet. So, this is why I've been eyeing the EB/GS bundle w/PDZ. I don't want to make a rash decision, so I though I'd throw this out there and see what the CAGing community has to say.[/QUOTE]

premium. not only it comes with a HD it comes with a wireless controller and component cable.

if you buy a core now you need to buy a separate memory card which is 39.99

[quote name='y2jedi']1. Should I wait to purchase one in the store or should I go ahead and order one online ? (I was thinking about waiting until EB gets them to trade in my black box)
2. Premium or core ? It seems that premium is definitely the way to go, but I don't know if the hard drive will be cheaper to purchase seperately later.[/quote]

1. Well, check around the sites on the prices, deals, and bundles. If you don't like them, good luck finding it in a store.

2. Premium. You save close to $200. Also, it comes with better things (HD cable, wireless controller, 30 day free gold membership, harddrive, ect.) for a cheaper price than a core (when you add everything together)

Have fun. I hope this helped.

I do have an HDTV, and I didn't know that the core doesn't come with the HD cables.
I love this site. Everyone always steps up to the plate to help out.
Looks like I'm gonna have to go premium.
If anyone else has any advise, I'm all ears.

Yeah depending on how it pans out you might wanna buy the Costco bundle considering their guarantee. I suggest this to you because of the X360 three red light bit and wish I didn't have to. X-(

Definitely go with the Premium. And if you have a lot of Xbox games, I would suggest holding onto your original system, the backwards compatibility on the 360 is pretty shitty.

[quote name='y2jedi']
If anyone else has any advise, I'm all ears.[/QUOTE]

Put your $ in a 6-month CD and wait on the PS3.

[quote name='y2jedi']I still haven't taken the plunge into Jade Empire yet. [/QUOTE]

Consider yourself lucky, that game is a steaming pile. Honestly one of the worst games I have ever played.

bread's done
Back