Need advice on a good XBL game... I'm pretty picky

DisturbedZen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Well, I've played a lot of games, very few on XBL recently and I'm looking for a game to play.

I am looking for recommendations, but I also have a few in mind:

Street Fighter IV
Gears of War 2
Resident Evil 5

I am also open to other many suggestions, but I prefer non-fps as I already have and enjoy Halo and Team Fortress 2 (PC).

I am more of a casual player and I don't like getting my ass handed to me. So I'd rather it have a fairly good match up system. Any advice is great! However, I am fairly certain I will be getting SFIV along with another game.

Well no matter what you pick you are going to get your ass handed to you sooner or later. But you can't go wrong with SF IV or Gears2. Both have a lot of people playing at any hour, and both are tons of fun.

Why not consider Grand Theft Auto 4? It has bunches of multiplayer modes, and being less than awesome is usually not that important.

Or... for the very casual, Scene It: Box Office Smash. There's a lot of people (me included) that own people in this game, but by and large most people are pretty casual gamers who just enjoy movie trivia.

my top two played games are battlefield: bad company (FPS) and burnout paradise.

burnout paradise is a racer in an open world. its fun driving around with other people, crashing and crashing. if you like doing co-op tasks, its fun for that (when they arent morons). of course, there is racing, but surprisingly, i dont care for that part much. more co-op than competitive.

i like bf:bc for destructible enviroments, class system, and "accessibility." however, there are only 8 multiplayer maps and 2 modes (conquest and gold rush[basically assault]). despite there being 8 maps, each game feels different because of the approaches your team takes. walls get busted and i go, "aw crap, cant hide here anymore." i say "accessibility" because if you are decent at fps, you can usually help your team out if you are not totally spaced out. learn the system, maps, strategies, and the games will play out differently. people knock this game, but i like it.

[quote name='garc4475']bomberman l!ve[/QUOTE]

I second this, but I've been a bomberman fan since I was a kid. It's casual, but still competitive.

I play halo and TF2 mostly as well. Gears 2 can get really frustrating sometimes. I played multi for a little while (even bought some of the maps) and have given up on it since. There were too many people using exploits and ruining my time.

Halo 3 is still one of my favorite games to play online.

Gears 2 is good, but the match up sucks as you will constantly get your ass handed to you.

The Orange Box is the best for your value, but online PC is more fun.

bread's done
Back