Need advice on AMD/ATI's Never settle bundle. Amazon is trying to deny me.

Tusin

CAG Veteran
Try to make a long story short.

Amazon Link

The above is the link to Amazon's promo page. I purchase a MSI 7950 direct from Amazon (so should qualify). I few weeks have passed so I emailed Amazon.

First response was to contact MSI.
Second was they are not participating.
Third (and last), was that my purchase does not qualify (and that is all the guy in India said.....)

So I tried contacting AMD/ATI directly, looking for some help dealing with Amazon (I explained in detail what was going on).

AMD's response was just as bad as Amazon's. Stating that they only facilitate the promotions, and even asked if I had contacted amazon yet. And they cannot give out keys.

My response was pretty blunt. They do not just facilitate the promotion (at least this one), cause on their own website they are advertising it with a link to Amazon.

ATI's response really pissed me off. I didn't expect them to just hand over some keys, but I did/do expect some help dealing with Amazon. A little customer service.

So now I am here asking for some advice. I have always had no problem dealing with stuff like this on my own. But I am at a loss. Amazon is impossible, I am either emailing or talking to someone in India.

I'm sorry, I don't remember the specifics but getting a hold of the 'actual' support at amazon is what will most likel be your best bet.

At the bottom of the emails from Amazon support you should see a couple of links that say "did i solve your problem", or something similar. Follow the one that says "no" and there should be a way to request a higher tier support to contact you via phone. Every time I've done this, they have always been able to help.

Best of luck to you.

This happened to me with Borderlands 2! I ordered a 670 GTX 4GB, then two weeks later they offer Borderlands 2 free with it. I spoke to 3-4 different people and they wouldn't budge. The final CS Rep told me to just return the one I purchased two weeks earlier as defective and order a new one to receive the promotion.

That method ended up working for me. I had to take out the old card from my PC and send it back. There was no fees or deductions from my return value and with my new order, I got the Borderlands 2 email code. Hope that helps.

[quote name='urktopus']I'm sorry, I don't remember the specifics but getting a hold of the 'actual' support at amazon is what will most likel be your best bet.

At the bottom of the emails from Amazon support you should see a couple of links that say "did i solve your problem", or something similar. Follow the one that says "no" and there should be a way to request a higher tier support to contact you via phone. Every time I've done this, they have always been able to help.

Best of luck to you.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! And I will keep this in mind for next time (this is the first time I have ever had an issue with Amazon).

Just got off the phone with upper tier support. And she just made the download versions of all the game $0.00 and added a little GC for the 20% off warfighter (which I didn't want anyways) + a little extra.

Again thank you!

I've had some experience with promotions like this and it can become frustrating when it comes to the details. From the information you gave and the link given, you did not qualify. The promation was for any qualifying 7900 Series card. Amazon's qualifying list is given to you on that page and the card you listed that you purchased was not on that list even though it is a 7900 series card and on top of that the card must be purchased from Amazon. It has to say sold and ship by Amazon. If it was there when you made the purchase and it was from Amazon and not from a 3rd party then that's a different story.

I had this experience when I bought the 660ti from BestBuy. I thought any 660ti counted for the free Borderlands 2 promo and called nVidia support about how to get a code since I never got one on the receipt. They explained the promo was good for certain retailers and BestBuy was not one of them but, offered to send me a code through the e-mail I registered with the card anyway. I gave the guy excellent feedback because I was not expecting it and I didn even ask for it, thought I just wouldn't get it.

I looked for the page with the information, but apparently it's been taken down. I don't think it's being offered anymore since they are promoting the Assassin's Creed 3 one instead however on the page for that game, it has the same retailers the Borderlands 2 deal did.

http://www.geforce.com/landing-page/assassins-creed-3/where-to-buy?id=hp-promo

Only those retailers provide you with the code along with the qualifying purchase.

So moral of the story is, read all the details to any promotion on any deal. Also, if you bought the card because it was going to come with the game and you did not receive/qualify, return the product unless you want to do without the free promotion item. Only way to fix these promotions if they aren't getting any money.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back