Need advice on mac computer/non gaming question

bestkeeper14

CAGiversary!
NO idea where to post this.  I am looking to get my Mother-in Law a cheap computer that will allow he to surf the net, view email, and do some work through word documents.  She has a 10 year old PC that has never really worked and hasn't worked at all!!!!  for the last 2 years.  She also really wants to be able to use Itunes which she can't on her current one.  No matter what I do re install, install it won't work. 

Now before anyone answers this thread, please do not bring any of the following

1. a PC vs Mac argument

2. a build a PC idea(Love this and thinks it is always the best way to go, but I do not have the time or skill right now)

I have seen on Ebay used refurbished Imac G5's with the Intel based processor, 2 gb ram, and 200 gb hardrives for around $150-$250.  this is the range I am looking at.  All the Macs come with Snow leopard and are upgradable still to Lion, but that's it.  Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with this lineup of Imacs and would reccommend them for this situation for my mother-in-law.  Also she uses everything else Apple and it would be an easy transition for her, so that is not a problem.  Also is this pricing seem reasonable for a 8 year + old computer that cost $1400+ when released?  Anything I should try for as far as specs.  My options are 17" 1GB ram, 160 GB HD 1.83 ghz... I really want a 20", 2 GB ram, 2 ghz version, a little more expensive.  if anyone has any suggestions, or even know where I can get one cheap please post!  thanks!

The Following are specs for one of the Macs I am looking at... any input would be appreciated if you have knowledge of this.  going for around $200 shipped

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23461]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23462]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23459]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23460]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23458]

bread's done
Back