Need Advice on something I learned at work the other day.

There's only one thing you can do. You're going to have to call someone. Someone with power. Someone who puts the fear of God in people. Someone who can stay calm and not be fazed by disgusting situations.

hansen_chris_2005_sm.jpg

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yep, you can do whatever the fuck you want , but from 7:30am-3:00pm M-F you better not be doing this type of shit while on school grounds.[/quote]And judging by the timestamp of this email... she sent it while at school?

in the sender's defense... the picture IS on the first page of a google image search when you search "traditional south american outfits"

http://images.google.com/images?cli...an outfits&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

so, it she wasn't looking for something dirty... it looks like she just saw it and made a joke in poor taste about it... but obviously the person who sent you the letter thinks she has deeper issues than that... far be it for me to judge though.

To me, the note seems to indicate bad judgement as to what's funny but I don't see it as an indication of child endangerment. I don't know the teacher or the school but if a supervisor was notified I feel no other action is needed. Playing detective by looking into someone's e-mail account sounds really inappropriate as does sending copies of the original e-mail to parents or anyone else.

This is a joke. An article featuring these "sexy jeans" was on the front page of digg. I forwarded it to some of my friends too. Either the recipient didn't get the joke and sent you a hard copy to document it or you were sent a hard copy to protect you from having that in your inbox. Laugh it's supposed to be funny.

[quote name='nadsofed']This is a joke. An article featuring these "sexy jeans" was on the front page of digg. I forwarded it to some of my friends too. Either the recipient didn't get the joke and sent you a hard copy to document it or you were sent a hard copy to protect you from having that in your inbox. Laugh it's supposed to be funny.[/quote]If the punchline didn't involve kids under the age of 12, I guess it would be more amusing.

[quote name='botticus']If the punchline didn't involve kids under the age of 12, I guess it would be more amusing.[/QUOTE]

On first reading, without being aware of the situation, I got this scenario: Teacher was going to make kids dress in traditional South American garb and did a search to get ideas. Their first hits were probably the scantily clad pictures in the email and they thought sarcastically, "Oh yeah, the kids would look *great* in those outfits." Then out of amusement or perhaps even disappointed that those were considered traditional South American garb, forwarded their sarcastic remark along with the pics.

Either that or they're into little kids.

I personally know more sarcastic teachers than I do child molesting teachers.

[quote name='Krymner']You are *assuming* that it is a sexual joke. The teacher can just as easily claim that she thought the outfits were fashionable. Just because I compliment you on what you are wearing doesn't mean I want to have sex with you, even despite how much skin you are showing.[/QUOTE]

But we aren't talking about halters tops, or short skirts. Were talking about underwear...

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Someone who puts the fear of God in people.

[/QUOTE]

oh I got another email with my boss telling an administrator to put the fear of god in to 2 kids who annoy the hell out of her. but that's for another story :)

bread's done
Back