Need advice on these 20" TVs

suko_32

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
I'm about to move to college and I need to buy a TV since my roomate isn't bringing one :?: Anyways, my dad recommends 20" TVs since the dorm isn't that big. I want a 24" because pumbaa (CAGer) has one but whatever. Also, I plan on living in an apartment next year so I probably won't be needing the TV I buy for more than a year. I kinda prefer flat screens but it's not that important. It has to be stereo also.

I was thinking of this one:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2601205

It's really cheap and it's a flat screen.

Or if this is better than this one. Though, don't see too much of a difference:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3757019

If anyone has any input or better deals than these, let me know. Thanks.

Well, if you wanna wait a couple months, wait till Black Friday, you will score amazing deals on flat screen tvs. My friend bought either a 25 or 27" flat screen tv there for $59.99, so just wait till then. But if you need it now I'm not sure which one you should get.

Won't have a car in college..so can't do Black Friday. Also, the only thing I remember ever getting on Black Friday was Family Guy at Target.

I reccomend not buying from wally-world, but if I had to go with either of them, I would go with the Sanyo, just for the slightly better manufacturing reputation.

Yeah, with Sanyo, at least I've heard of it. Still debating whether the brand name is worth the extra $15. Might wait till Sunday and see if they have anything cheaper, if not then it's Wal-Mart I go...

I don't really know how to explain it that good but it's this Friday after Thanksgiving (I think) and there's always crazy deals and stuff. However, there are hoards of people in stores because everyone knows about the prices. You have to wake up super early usually if you want the good stuff. It's something like that.

[quote name='suko_32']I don't really know how to explain it that good but it's this Friday after Thanksgiving (I think) and there's always crazy deals and stuff. However, there are hoards of people in stores because everyone knows about the prices. You have to wake up super early usually if you want the good stuff. It's something like that.[/QUOTE]

Lol, thats it, also known as the greatest day ever. I love watching the moms fight over who was in line first. Almost saw a cat fight at Best Buy last year at 5:00 am when some old asian lady tried to walk in front of some other customer, probably not even knowing there was a huge line, and the lady flipped, haha great times. Anyways, so your telling me you won't be coming home to celebrate Turkey day with the family? Because you could always go with them the next day. But if ya need it now go with Sanyo since I've actually heard of it.

Well depending on what you are hooking up to it will determine which is the best deal. If you will have an Xbox then go with the second one as it has component hookups which will give you the best picture. If you really cant swing the extra 20 bucks though, because of the size the picture quality of component hookups probably wouldn't be that much better than the s-video hookups on the first one. Long story short on the second one more connections more options, on the first one its just cheaper. Hope that helps

Toshiba 20" FST PURE Flat-Tube TV with ColorStream Component Video Input is very nice but it's kinda expensive.

I have a system selector already so the number of hookup thingies isn't that much of a problem, though the more the better.

I'm planning on hooking up my PS2, GC, and probably not but maybe...a DVD player. Probably just watch DVDs on my computer though.

I bought the Emerson TV in the first link back in January. I have no complaints, its not the best but is great quality. It has a limited option menu but works great in a small room. Oh yea and the channel numbers will be off if your going on an antenae and not cable. But that won't even matter if you have a cable box. If I had to nitpick about one thing its that the only A/V input is in the front, I'd rather not have cables going into the front. Not a problem if you use S-Video though.

Thanks for everyones imput....I'm going to wally word tomorrow if there's nothing in the ads. Probably going to check them out and see if there's any big differences. If not, it's coin flip time. There's a chance it's the same company making these TVs.

Edit: Forgot to say if Emerson is made in China and the other is made in Taiwan, then I might get Sanyo. I'm from Taiwan so it's kinda biased.

buy the cheapest one u can get if u are planning to use it for a year, who cares what features or who makes it when it will be a stepping stone tv.

[quote name='suko_32'] I was thinking of this one:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2601205

It's really cheap and it's a flat screen.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend this tv, i bought it at wal-mart about 5 months ago and use it as a 2nd tv in my living room. I use it to watch tv while i play games on my larger tv and have my computer hooked up to it to watch stuff in there. The picture and the sound are pretty good and satisfy me, only bad thing is that it has no rear av slots only rear s video and analog for your cable. Not really a big deal unless your anal though. Oh yea and it's dirt cheap!

[quote name='Prepster']Well, if you wanna wait a couple months, wait till Black Friday, you will score amazing deals on flat screen tvs. My friend bought either a 25 or 27" flat screen tv there for $59.99, so just wait till then. But if you need it now I'm not sure which one you should get.[/QUOTE]
holy fuck that's a good price, i might need to pick me up a TV this Black Friday also..

Heh, never heard of that brand either. When I was looking for an excellent, high-quality 20" tube TV a few months ago I went with the Panasonic CT-20SL14 and couldn't be happier.

I went ahead and bought the one at bestbuy. Stange though, it's 99.99 in the ads but in the store it was all tagged at 129.99. They had like 20-ish of these things.

bread's done
Back