Need advise regarding a MacBook

chatgirl4

Banned
So about 3 years ago I purchased a macbook (13 inch model). Worked great till few months back, when it started to crash several times daily. Since then I purchased and use a IPAD. Now I am considering ditching the Macbook and sticking to my IPAD, I know someone who would offer me about $500 for it, should I keep or sell it?

this question is up to you. are you incapable of making your own decisions?

if you still use it, keep it. if you don't want it and think $500 is a fair price, sell it. if you don't want it and think it's worth more than $500, keep it. it's not that difficult..

without a computer of some type, what will use to sync your iPad? May not seem like a big deal but what then will you do when you get some screwy stuff happening on the iPad and you want to revert to your last synced setup?

Also, unless you don't actually generate anything, it's good to have the laptop around in case you need to create a new spreadsheet or something to that effect.

do you have another computer like a desktop? going ipad only doesnt seem like a good idea considering what you can and cant do with one.

what kind of crashing is it? is it a kernel panic or just random OS related? I'd spend $20 to put a different HD in there first just to see and then sell it for more if that's what you really want to do.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Just get a Dell or something and put Linux on it.. there you go. A good stable OS and half the price.[/QUOTE]

And 1/8 the quality. :bomb:

Keep the Macbook. No way you'd be able to JUST use the iPad without the Macbook. Unless you have another computer or something.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Just get a Dell or something and put Linux on it.. there you go. A good stable OS and half the price.[/QUOTE]

the fuck? Did you even read what he posted? He's not looking for your advice on what to buy.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']do you have another computer like a desktop? going ipad only doesnt seem like a good idea considering what you can and cant do with one.[/QUOTE]

I have a Mac Mini but just the computer, no monitor or K/M

[quote name='pogipinoy27']what kind of crashing is it? is it a kernel panic or just random OS related? I'd spend $20 to put a different HD in there first just to see and then sell it for more if that's what you really want to do.[/QUOTE]

Mostly Safari related, sometimes it needs to be shut down via power button, didn't do this till about this year, some sites I cannot visit because of this.

[quote name='mtxbass1']the fuck? Did you even read what he posted? He's not looking for your advice on what to buy.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's a she.. and maybe she didn't ask specifically on what to buy, but who isn't looking to save money these days?

I wouldn't say it's 1/8th the quality.. it's different. You don't get viruses.. MS office documents are compatible with OpenOffice, a lot of people find the transition very easy.

[quote name='chatgirl4']Mostly Safari related, sometimes it needs to be shut down via power button, didn't do this till about this year, some sites I cannot visit because of this.[/QUOTE]

What kind of sites

I would run disk utility, see what the status of the HD is. If the disk is ok, then re-install the OS. If you've been backing up the HD, then its even easier. I had problems on my Mac Pro, HD checked out ok, so I reinstalled the OS and then brought back the rest via Time Machine.

Or better yet, make an appointment with an Apple Genius at an Apple store.

bread's done
Back