Need an answer!!! [Use Wii FAQ's Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kfoster1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I did a search but it was fruitless. A friend of mine is selling his Wii and it has about 6 VC games on it. When he sells it do the VC games go with it? My understanding is yes he can sell it and the new owner will get the VC game; because its tied to the console not a Live account like xbox. But I;m not 100% on this, anyone know for a fact?

As far as I know yes they are tied to the console. Just a tip you may want a more descriptive title on this thread. Also their should be FAQs at the top of the form that may have the answer your looking for also.

[quote name='Wolfpup']He'd want to remove/unlink his/her account from the Wii that's being sold though.[/quote]

OK so let me make sure I have this right

He can sell the Wiii with the VC games, but he needs to remove his account? He wants to use the VC games as a selling point since he has no plan to get another one.

Unfortunately there's no way at all to move VC games from one Wii to another (I want Nintendo to adopt an iTunes-style authorization/deauthorization system which allows the consumer to move games)-so the VC games will be a selling point whether he wants them to be or not ;)

I don't remember exactly where it is, but there's a place in either the settings or when you go into the Wii Shopping channel that lets you break the link between your Wii and your Nintendo account. I'd check both places throughly to make sure there's no personal info left on the system, and that it's not still set up to use his Nintendo.com account. If I'm remembering correctly it's pretty straight forward language that tells you "this is going to break the link between...", but there may be more personal info in the system settings. The VC games on the system will still work as far as I know.

Oh, and remember to delete off network connection settings if it's set to log in to a secure wireless network, delete preferences from the web browser, etc. if it's installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back