Need an av selector.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I use this one:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/730/730556p1.html

You can usually find it at Game Crazys, and Toys R' Us' for ~$25

IDK how big your TV is, but I my TV isn't HD, I just use it because I needed more component inputs. Quality looks great without degrading, not sure what it would like on a HD set.[/quote]

I agree, I love the Pelican brand HD system selector. There is absolutely NO degrade in video quality, and it's cheaper than most brands. It's 19.99 at Toys R' Us and Circuit City.

[quote name='Arcademode']I agree, I love the Pelican brand HD system selector. There is absolutely NO degrade in video quality, and it's cheaper than most brands. It's 19.99 at Toys R' Us and Circuit City.[/quote]I'm using that one right now it does degrade the signal it softens it.

I got the GameStop branded one they sell. It's odd, it works great with all my video game systems, without any difference in quality, but when I ran my HD cable box through it, there was a very noticeable fuzz that appeared. Just run the cable through my t.v.'s other input though, so no huge deal.

The fuzz is what I experience also its do to that the interior circuitry doesn't have enough bandwidth for the whole signal and you won't ever get HD out of that thing ever. I can't even get s-video through it. I am hoping the sony one I'm looking at has some decent guts to it since it seems a bit high in price either its markup or just better quality materials. I have tried the pelican 5 system selector before as well as the philips auto selector that thing is the worst of them all I nicknamed it the mangler since that one downgrades everything to RF.

bread's done
Back