Need an Electric Shaver

goldengraham

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Been using a Norelco for a while now and it went out on me yesterday. Looking for a new electric shaver, preferably not rotary as it wasn't working very well. Anyone with any opinions/good deals will be appreciated. Thanks.

I've never had an electric shaver that worked as well as a normal razor, especially on the neck. Might be better if you buy a real expensive one or don't have very thick hair though.

[quote name='screwkick']Do those foil shavers hurt?

I am in the market for a new razor.[/quote]

I've had no problems yet. Its the most comfortable electric shaver I have ever owned.

I use a foil shaver with no problems either. Still, I prefer using a Gilette Mach3.

Also, I've heard nothing but good things about Panasonic's foil shavers.

I've been in a dilemma, I'd like to use an electric shaver, and I don't mind spending 100+ on one, but I rather try it out first to see how close of a shave I get. I assume they are gimmicks and don't give you a close shave like the Mach3 does, is this true?

I have used a Remington for years. I have had nothing but good service from them. I can't use a foil shaver it tugs on my beard too much. Try the Remington I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Remington Titanium
0007459080958_215X215.jpg

I just wanted to let you guys know, one of the presents I got from my girlfriend was the new Braun Activator, I used it, shaves as close as a mach3, great razor.

[quote name='Sheik Rattle Enroll']I've never had an electric shaver that worked as well as a normal razor, especially on the neck. Might be better if you buy a real expensive one or don't have very thick hair though.[/quote]

I agree. Although, from what I hear, you need to us ethe electrice for a few weeks to let your skin adjust. I could never use it more than once with putting it down. IMO the best razor is the schick diamond fx. It stays sharp so much longer than others.

[quote name='BiggaAdams']I just wanted to let you guys know, one of the presents I got from my girlfriend was the new Braun Activator, I used it, shaves as close as a mach3, great razor.[/quote]

I got a Braun Activator today as well...So far, it seems to work great. I tried it on my neck (a problem area for me) and it shaved clean with no irritation.

I used a Panasonic wet/dry triple head shaver for the past couple of years and it's worth a look if you need a shaver that you can use in the shower or with your face wet.

Yeah, the Braun needs to be used for 3 weeks so the hair gets use to the razor, there is no skin problem at all. I'm loving it :D

I just bought the Norelco 7735X about ten days ago, and it's by far the best electric shaver that I've owned. You can use in or out of the shower, and it has a slot for dispensing shaving gel or lotion. There are slots underneath the three rotary cutters (I know, you said that you wanted to stay away from this) that allow for water to run underneath after shaving for easy cleaning. It comes with quite a few accessories as well, including four gel/lotion packets, a shower suction cup holder for these, a cleaning brush, and a blade attachment for trimming sideburns.

Check out http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...1/002-4023539-6027209?v=glance&s=hpc&n=507846 to see more reviews.

-Jeff

im using a remington titanium and its working pretty nice. it does say though that it takes couple weeks..

bought it as a gift for myself at walmart for $40

[quote name='guyver2077']im using a remington titanium and its working pretty nice. it does say though that it takes couple weeks..

bought it as a gift for myself at walmart for $40[/quote]

I got a Remington Titanium last year with the 3 foils not the rotary heads, and I am unhappy with it. After a about 2 months 2 of the foils had big holes in them and had to be replaced at $20. After replacing them about 4 months later needed new blades, another $20. Now I need new foils again at $20. So less than one year later $60 bucks spent on a $70 razor (probably cheaper now).

I had a corded Remington for 12 years and it was the best one I ever owned. Got to dig it out of the cabinet.

They are still not as good as a actual razor. I think the Shick (however you spell it) Tracer is the best, but I haven't tried any of these new Mach3 or Quattro ones.

I have the Norelco Advantage 6705 X two years ago and it's been great every since. took me a week or two to get used to it at the beginning though. I can't shave with a straight razor now though, I was on a trip and forgot my shaver and I tried to shave with a straight razor and it was torture, I cut my face all up and each stroke was agonizing. also, the manufacturer recommends you buy new blades every year, but I haven't bought new ones yet and it still shaves great.

bread's done
Back