Need Best Buy coupon to buy HDTV

[quote name='jousley']I'm looking to buy a bigger LCD TV from Best Buy...anyone know where there are some coupons with maybe percent off or something? Thanks![/quote]

1- Look at the package deals they have been offering the last few weeks - some really good deals... and 3 years no interest finance.

2- If the tv you want is not on sale - tell them it's cheaper online and if they can't come close to that price you will go elsewhere... odds are they will come down 10-15% on the set.

3- Remember to use your reward zone card.. you will get ~80$ back for dvd's in a few months.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']i think the change of address kit from the post office contains a 10% off coupon[/quote]

It's not in the new one. Believe me, that was the MAIN reason I grabbed a couple of them. But when I got home and checked, they no longer had a coupon for BB in there. :cry:

So basically, that coupon takes a whopping $39 off a $399 tv? While that's still better than nothing, I'd much rather if the coupons actually worked on something good and actually had a discount like 20-25% off tv's UNDER $300, since that's about the range I'm personally looking for.

But if I remember correctly, the coupon from the moving package was also for a piddily 10% too, which is why I was going to ask if anyone needed any of them before they expired and I would've shipped them to them for postage.

20-25% off a TV UNDER $300? You are out of your mind, there has never been a coupon for 20-25% off especially one that qualifies for a tv under 300. Best bet would be to wait until black friday for someone that is truly cheap

[quote name='muhsheesuh']20-25% off a TV UNDER $300? You are out of your mind, there has never been a coupon for 20-25% off especially one that qualifies for a tv under 300. Best bet would be to wait until black friday for someone that is truly cheap[/quote]

Well, I was hoping to get a watermarked, cracked case Sony Bravia this month(once it dropped to $79 from $175) from my closest Kmart, but I intentionally mentioned it to enough people on here(and people I know in general) and someone snapped it up.

Then, they came on here to bitch about the giant crack and watermarked screen they 'didn't notice'(how the fuck couldn't they, since Stevie Wonder could see the visible damage on both parts of the tv)when they bought it, also saying that the Kmart they got it from wouldn't let them return it since they must've damaged it themselves.

Of course, I DID mention it to MANY people so someone would snap it up and save me the money, but I figured after clearly mentioning the issues with it that it'd still be there this month. I was wrong unfortunately.

But really, for the size tv I need(26 inch or so), I only want to pay $200 and nothing over, so I guess I'm SOL until the bullshit government and tv makers come out with the next bullshit tech that's 'better' than SDtv and they start clearing out LCD's and plasmas, since aside from this Sony Bravia I've never seen ANY LCD or plasma tv's reach the under $200 mark.

26 inches for $200 is pretty much impossible to find unless it's damaged and open box like you said. I wouldnt even expect black friday to sell any 26 inches for 200; 300+ sounds reasonable for a BF deal on a 26 inch one but I wouldn't expect a top quality model to go for this price.

[quote name='jousley']I'm looking to buy a bigger LCD TV from Best Buy...anyone know where there are some coupons with maybe percent off or something? Thanks![/quote]

ebay, theres a buch of legit coupons that will cost you only a few dollars. Worth it if you'll actually use the thing. Just keep in mind the exclusions. Mostly its just Samsung TVs and a minimum purchase of $400.

Of course, I went and bought a TV today BEFORE I saw the coupon that Interstella 5555 posted (btw thanks for the help, folks) ..Im going to try to go back tomorrow and see if I can apply it or just return the TV, use the coupon and then re-buy it.

A word of advice for anyone looking to buy major appliances. Just because something has a price on it, doesn't mean that's the price you have to pay. I got a Sony Bravia Z 46inch LCD. It was listed at $2799 and they had it on sale for $2299. I asked what the lowest they would go was and the manager knocked off another $100 and also gave me a 12% discount on the Disgaea 3 PS3 game I was buying (I tried to get him to just throw it in for free, but that didn't work. Also, Bestbuy has 3 years no interest going on atm.

This has worked a few times. When I bought our Sharp Aquos LCD TV a few years about it was priced at $1999 and we got the manager to take it down to $1600. It always drives my wife nuts when I start trying to haggle with retail stores...but it has more often than not really paid off.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']26 inches for $200 is pretty much impossible to find unless it's damaged and open box like you said. I wouldnt even expect black friday to sell any 26 inches for 200; 300+ sounds reasonable for a BF deal on a 26 inch one but I wouldn't expect a top quality model to go for this price.[/QUOTE]

Walmart has a Sanyo for 300 something, which isn't too bad IF I can somehow get them to honor the 10% off coupon

[quote name='jousley']Of course, I went and bought a TV today BEFORE I saw the coupon that Interstella 5555 posted (btw thanks for the help, folks) ..Im going to try to go back tomorrow and see if I can apply it or just return the TV, use the coupon and then re-buy it.

A word of advice for anyone looking to buy major appliances. Just because something has a price on it, doesn't mean that's the price you have to pay. I got a Sony Bravia Z 46inch LCD. It was listed at $2799 and they had it on sale for $2299. I asked what the lowest they would go was and the manager knocked off another $100 and also gave me a 12% discount on the Disgaea 3 PS3 game I was buying (I tried to get him to just throw it in for free, but that didn't work. Also, Bestbuy has 3 years no interest going on atm.

This has worked a few times. When I bought our Sharp Aquos LCD TV a few years about it was priced at $1999 and we got the manager to take it down to $1600. It always drives my wife nuts when I start trying to haggle with retail stores...but it has more often than not really paid off.[/quote]

NICE! That was what I was getting at in my above post.

Sounds like you already new what you were doing... most of these store are ready to deal.

[quote name='jousley']Of course, I went and bought a TV today BEFORE I saw the coupon that Interstella 5555 posted (btw thanks for the help, folks) ..Im going to try to go back tomorrow and see if I can apply it or just return the TV, use the coupon and then re-buy it.[/quote]

Thats the coupon that i was talking about. As i said you can get a legit one off the bay for a couple bucks. You could print it out but keep in mind it says "no copies" so ymmv on who you bring it to.

[quote name='jousley']This has worked a few times. When I bought our Sharp Aquos LCD TV a few years about it was priced at $1999 and we got the manager to take it down to $1600. It always drives my wife nuts when I start trying to haggle with retail stores...but it has more often than not really paid off.[/quote]

You can get away with it because their markup is 100% or more [thats usually 100% of the sale price, let alone the MSRP they list]. They make a hefty sale regardless. Most people make the mistake of never asking for a lower price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
But really, for the size tv I need(26 inch or so), I only want to pay $200 and nothing over, so I guess I'm SOL until the bullshit government and tv makers come out with the next bullshit tech that's 'better' than SDtv and they start clearing out LCD's and plasmas, since aside from this Sony Bravia I've never seen ANY LCD or plasma tv's reach the under $200 mark.[/QUOTE]

LCD Monitor with TV tuners. 22 is probably the tops you'll get.

Also, what you want to pay is completely absurd and will never come to pass, even when the "bullshit tech" comes out. You can't be serious. You may be the cheapest gamer, but you're also obviously batshit insane.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']LCD Monitor with TV tuners. 22 is probably the tops you'll get.

Also, what you want to pay is completely absurd and will never come to pass, even when the "bullshit tech" comes out. You can't be serious. You may be the cheapest gamer, but you're also obviously batshit insane.[/QUOTE]

Yup, just what I was gonna suggest, a 22 inch monitor with a TV tuner although even then it would still be kind of a bargain to get that under 200.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']LCD Monitor with TV tuners. 22 is probably the tops you'll get.

Also, what you want to pay is completely absurd and will never come to pass, even when the "bullshit tech" comes out. You can't be serious. You may be the cheapest gamer, but you're also obviously batshit insane.[/quote]

I've looked into the LCD monitor route, but a 22" monitor is about $300 something. As for being insane, why, do you honestly think that this bullshit tech is going to remain at such a high price forever?

I certainly hope not, but until an actual tv becomes available at the price I want to pay, they can shove this high def nonsense up their asses. I have plain old standard def cable, which is overpriced as hell, but they covered the cost of downgrading the signals for me, so for that I am happy(even though 5-10 of the channels are shit I never watch).

I was perfectly content with standard def tv and paying $150 for a 20" tv, which is really about all I need, since I had a 27" in my room at one point and it was blinding to try and watch. Plus, I think my tv stand(which is about 15 or so years old) was starting to creak and groan under the added weight.

lol i nominate you for the cheapest bastard on cag award =P

if its bullshit tech why do you want one? sounds like you might want to consider heading to salvation army and see if they have any old crt tvs for ya.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've looked into the LCD monitor route, but a 22" monitor is about $300 something. As for being insane, why, do you honestly think that this bullshit tech is going to remain at such a high price forever?

I certainly hope not, but until an actual tv becomes available at the price I want to pay, they can shove this high def nonsense up their asses. I have plain old standard def cable, which is overpriced as hell, but they covered the cost of downgrading the signals for me, so for that I am happy(even though 5-10 of the channels are shit I never watch).

I was perfectly content with standard def tv and paying $150 for a 20" tv, which is really about all I need, since I had a 27" in my room at one point and it was blinding to try and watch. Plus, I think my tv stand(which is about 15 or so years old) was starting to creak and groan under the added weight.[/QUOTE]

Ignorance is bliss. If you are happy with your TV, then that's that. You can't want what you never had and imo standard def is perfectly fine.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've looked into the LCD monitor route, but a 22" monitor is about $300 something. As for being insane, why, do you honestly think that this bullshit tech is going to remain at such a high price forever?[/QUOTE]

I saw I think a 20 inch one for 199 which was alright.

Also, the vibe I get from you is pretty much that you think HDTV's will magically drop below 200 in the next year or so (for 26'? fuck no they won't). Honestly, it's like you think you're entitled. Shit's stupid. It'll be at least three years before any real HDTV at the size you want shows up at the price you want, that isn't fucked up beyond repair, off of Craigslist, or some magical bullshit Black Friday sale that like eight people will actually get.

It's good that you're willing to wait (and judging by the awesome emphasis and html tags you put on -I-, you're clearly very important), because you're going to wait a very long time to get "high def nonsense". It's pretty obvious you don't even want it, so *shrug*.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']I saw I think a 20 inch one for 199 which was alright.

Also, the vibe I get from you is pretty much that you think HDTV's will magically drop below 200 in the next year or so (for 26'? fuck no they won't). Honestly, it's like you think you're entitled. Shit's stupid. It'll be at least three years before any real HDTV at the size you want shows up at the price you want, that isn't fucked up beyond repair, off of Craigslist, or some magical bullshit Black Friday sale that like eight people will actually get.[/quote]

It's not that I think I'm entitled or anything, far from it, but I just find it laughable that this tech has been out for HOW long now and aside from clearances that usually get snapped up by the employees at the retail stores, I've rarely seen a real price DROP on this tech yet.

If the companies making this tech want more normal consumers to actually buy it, they'd better make it affordable, since not everyone views a tv as a necessity.

If I watch maybe 10 hours of tv a week, most of which is available on the internet via streams or other sources, it's a miracle. The only thing I've been using my tv for lately has been my PS3 and I'm still perfectly content with standard def.

Also, why do I get this vibe that you're snippy over my personal choices? Does it personally affect you? I don't think so. But, as a consumer, I'm not about to go out and splurge on something I can't afford, until it's affordable for ME. And yes, that may be selfish and I may be waiting a long time, but with sales/clearances, I'm bound to find one for my price eventually. For now, the tv I have works fine for what I need it for though. But if some magic coupon came up that provided a GOOD % off, I might just jump and buy a newer tv.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']It's good that you're willing to wait (and judging by the awesome emphasis and html tags you put on -I-, you're clearly very important), because you're going to wait a very long time to get "high def nonsense". It's pretty obvious you don't even want it, so *shrug*.[/quote]

I'm far from important and yes I am willing to wait. I also don't really care about picture quality, as long as it's not super staticy and I can see the picture, that's all I need. I don't need to see the sweat glands on the football players or every nose hair jutting out of John Madden's nostrils to enjoy the game.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']Ignorance is bliss. If you are happy with your TV, then that's that. You can't want what you never had and imo standard def is perfectly fine.[/quote]

People with huge VHS collections said the same thing.

Also, IATC, why the hell would you want a watermarked TV? That TV's gonna break down in four months. Save your money for a good TV and enjoy.

[quote name='depascal22']People with huge VHS collections said the same thing.

Also, IATC, why the hell would you want a watermarked TV? That TV's gonna break down in four months. Save your money for a good TV and enjoy.[/quote]

I figured I could've done a return on it within the 90 days to another Kmart after buying the extended warranty thing for $20 and get a working tv if they couldn't fix the one I bought.

But that's also why I mentioned the tv to so many people, so someone else would be stuck with the headache and expense.

I know eventually I'll find a tv I want and have the extra $$$ at that point and just splurge, but for now I'm content. But when I do see a sale/clearance tv for a price like that Sony one was, I get jumpy and I want to buy it immediately.

Thankfully though, I thought about it more rationally and went 'that things a piece of shit' and left it for someone else.

Apologies for sidetracking this thread, since I guess it's obvious I don't want an HDtv unless it's CHEAP(like me).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Michael Jackson[/QUOTE]

I went over all the stuff you said and how completely absurd it all was, but I already did that so it's not going to help, as like you said, it's blatantly obvious you don't even want one. This will.

I honestly would recommend a projector for you. Pretty much any entry level projector (I had the Viewsonic PJ503D, was excellent), and -any- home theater in a box, and you'll have decent quality picture (which is all you want), but in colossally large amounts (we're talking 80+ inches here). And a decent projector is about 400-500. There's your best bet.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']I went over all the stuff you said and how completely absurd it all was, but I already did that so it's not going to help, as like you said, it's blatantly obvious you don't even want one. This will.

I honestly would recommend a projector for you. Pretty much any entry level projector (I had the Viewsonic PJ503D, was excellent), and -any- home theater in a box, and you'll have decent quality picture (which is all you want), but in colossally large amounts (we're talking 80+ inches here). And a decent projector is about 400-500. There's your best bet.[/quote]

But as I said already, I have a small room, so therefore a projector would also be blinding to look at. I do appreciate the suggestion, but the $400 pricetag would put me off as usual.

I know the one employee at Best Buy mentioned a clearanced projector a while back, but that was also over $300.

And wtf's with putting Michael Jackson in place of quoting my post? Are you saying that I'm a former black guy turned white with a squeaky voice? Either way, I apologized for going wayyyy off topic in this, but I felt it was a reasonable question to ask. Other tech prices have gone down, down down, but the price on these newer tv's has stayed up there. It's ridiculous.

Why even bother if you won't even spend $400. No coupon is going to get a good HDTV or projector under that price. The Best Buy coupons in the mail were only 10% off and 12% for Panasonic TVs. It's still going to be well over $400 no matter how you cut it. It just seems like you're wasting your and all of our time to be super cheap. Drving back and forth to KMart to obsess about that crappy POS probably cost you a couple bucks in gas. Every time you go driving around looking for crap, you waste more money. Just stop for a couple weeks or months and take all that savings to a store and buy a nice TV.

Actually, the Kmart is about 3 miles or so from my house, so not much gas was wasted. Plus, I usually only went there with family, so we were heading that way ANYWAY.

What else can I say except that this tech has been out for YEARS now, I kind of expected SOME sort of drops in price on the smaller tv's(like I would want one of). Note: I said want, not 'need'.

But yet, each newer one comes out over $300 or so for a 20-26" tv. I guess I have to wait until there's more of a saturation rate for companies to actually drop their prices to a REASONABLE level, huh? That ought to take about 15 years, since I think there's many more people like me out there, who don't give a shit about HD, as long as they can see the picture.

Update! I took the coupon that Interstella 5555 posted to Best Buy tonight and got them to price adjust it! After all the adjustments, I ended up getting $140 back! Thanks so much, folks. Any money saved is money earned in my book! Thanks again Interstella 5555 and everyone else.

bread's done
Back