Need car help (repairing a fuel line)

cletus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I have a 93 Toyota Camry with a fuel injection engine. I was replacing the fuel filter today when I accidently broke off the tip of the fuel line that connects to the bottom of the fuel filter. This is the first time this has ever happened to me and I'm not quite sure how to repair this.

The fuel line goes all the way back to the gas tank. I don't think I'm capable of replacing that entire line. I was thinking of two possible solutions.

1. Get a matching fuel line and flare nut, cut the old line, and attach them together. The problem is, since this is a fuel injection engine, there is a lot of pressure in this line and I don't want it blowing apart while I'm driving. Also, the line is metal with a plastic(?) covering and I don't know how I could attach the two lines together.

2. The fuel line might be in 2 different segments. If so I can go to a dealership or junkyard and buy a replacement segment. However, I can't tell if it is in 2 segments or not. Does anyone know? Also, if it is in 2 segments, how do I reach the fitting? I've removed the evaporative canister but I still can't reach back there.

Any help or if anyone can think of any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

probabbly is a one piece line,as far as a lot of pressure normally between 35-50 psi depending on idle wide open etc. if you are going to fix it,fix it right and just replace the dam line may cost you a little more but worth it in the end. go to a bone yard and you get what you pay for quite often junk. but that is your choice

bread's done
Back