need cheapass car rental

dracula

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
I really would like to save a few bucks on renting a car.

I am renting a car in toronto(pearson airport) arriving 3pm, and leaving july 11th 530am

I am looking at carrentals.com and they have some cheap ones, so far the cheapest i can find online, but i want to see something cheaper. they have one for just under 500 dollars(us dollars) after taxes. priceline.com was way more expensive, almost double for the cheapest.

also they have collision damage for 12 dollars a day, but i already have car insurance, so should I buy that as well?

any suggestions are welcom

You didn't say what date you are arriving..... Also for the extra collision insurance check to see what your insurance policy covers and also try booking on a credit card that provides rental coverage.

I am renting a Toyota Rav 4 next week to take a vacation in and searching locally the cheapest was Hertz. I tried Priceline before I booked our ride last week and it was the same price as Hertz directly. Just tried carrentals.com and it's no better than what I have either.

Whatever the case i'll watching the replies closely as well. :D

Things look different in Canada (seems like hotwire doesn't have any good rates there), but in general, the cheapest method is checking for the lowest price on hotwire.com, then using the bidding option on priceline.com to beat it by 15-20%. If priceline takes it, great, if not, then you can still go with hotwire.

Looking at my recent history, I've gotten $22/day from SNA, $24/day from LAX, $13/day from SJC, $10/day from LAX, $16/day from SNA, $8/day from LAX.

For Toronto, Hotwire shows $500 as their lowest rate, while Priceline shows $275. I think Hotwire only checks airport rentals, while Priceline may be showing others within the city, so you could save some money by taking a cab to a non-airport rental site.

You can try bidding on priceline, but if your offer is not accepted you can't attempt a higher price on the same dates and class of car--you have to upgrade car class. So you could try an economy car for like 220, then a compact for 240 if that's not accepted.

Note that these sites usually require you to be 25 and have a credit card.

bread's done
Back