Need DIY Valentine Gifts Ideas for her!

Setherial

CAGiversary!
Feedback
134 (100%)
Okay I'm in a bind, I have no Idea what to get my chick for Valentine and I don't want to go the normal route of just buying some random gift for her. I was thinking of making her something special but I have no ideas what so ever. I searched online for Valentine ideas for gamers and couldn't find anything!

She's pretty much your normal girl, into movies, games and tv, mostly chick flicks and cutesy social games. She also plays all the stuff I do aswell, just not that much into it as I am. She would be the social gamer in the relationship as I would be the more "core" gamer so to speak.

Anyways I wanna make her something neat but I just can't think of anything. Could anyone shoot me over ideas?

Get some red construction paper, cut out a heart write "I wuv u" on it.

It'll be extra cute if you write some of the letters backwards.

[quote name='keithp']Stick it in her pooper.[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest this. Mainly as if somebody else does it, especially on V-Day, well...that's not good.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Dick in a box.[/QUOTE]

Best choice.

Maybe you can put Farmville wrapping paper on the box.

Since you said she's into the social media games.

Hit up a craft store, buy a chain/clasp set or a leather/clasp set (lil' kits where you attach the clasp yourself, should have eveything in it but the pilers)

Get a nice pendant. Most are complete out of the bag, some you may need to buy a bail for.

Grab a small pair of needlenose pilers (and possibly wire cutters, depending on the set you got.) Assemble.

Badum- you 'made' a necklace. Basic jewelry making is actually crazy easy, you can pop out a simple necklace in like 5 minutes. If you have any relatives who do it, you can jack their supplies and do something slightly more complicated, like a beaded bracelet.

If you wanna spend some money, go to the mall or some place where they take a picture and put it on a heart or something as a necklace. No way she'll dislike that but it's probably over a 100 or so. YMMV.

make her a collage of all her favorite things or all your favorite things, places you guys have been too of signifigance, in the shape of a heart or something meaningul.

and say something, of all the things I hold in my heart, you are what I hold dearest. etc etc.

I'd suggest not making it a huge collage but something in the size that would fit in a manila envelope or something. anything too big perhaps down the road might be difficult to store and girls like organization.

...yes, I also design greeting cards to supplement my CAG lifestyle.

At the cost of some of my man cred, I actually created my girl a scrapbook as a gift. It depends on the girl of course, but the nice thing about the idea is it allows you plenty of options. You could just buy the book and pages, and say you are both gonna fill it out as time goes on (easy), or start it and add to it (medium) or just do one of something specific like gaming (the time we beat Halo on Legendary, ect hard). Its more of a chick thing, but shell appreciate it unless she doesnt like that stuff.

[quote name='docvinh']Coupon book with one coupon good for "sticking it in her pooper" and another for a "dick in a box".[/QUOTE]

Cook for her but if not that do the above. Coupon books will make the day last longer. You could make love scratch off cards that have get: a back rub, foot rub, or sex. Just put sex on all the spots & hope she'll only scratch one at a time.

[quote name='number83']nothing...you need to put an end to this 'tradition' early in the relationship.[/quote]

nice suggestion! Keep it real yo

[quote name='shrike4242']Threesome with her best friend?

The next option to toss out there since someone already covered pooper insertion.[/QUOTE]

What if her best friend is a dude? :shock:

That's the Devil's Threeway.

[quote name='Number83']What if her best friend is a dude? :shock:

That's the Devil's Threeway.[/QUOTE]Therein lies the surprise.

[quote name='Number83']What if her best friend is a dude? :shock:

That's the Devil's Threeway.[/QUOTE]

Then be real careful with your aim.

Leave a bunch of jewelry ads around over the next few days. Make mention of saving for a big purchase. She'll think jewelry. Spend money on yourself and give her a pearl necklace. The free kind.

Seriously it's valentines day, go all out. Cleveland steamer, go for a blumpkin, strawberry swirl, or the Akron Blowtorch.

Come on guys, cut the crap, give me some good ideas...

I was thinking of making her like a Zelda satchel bag for her iphone. Problem is there's no tutorials online on how to make one. I was also thinking of making her a video game theme dinner, but I have no idea how to cook, let alone how to make food resemble something in a video game.

Help!

[quote name='Setherial']Come on guys, cut the crap, give me some good ideas...

I was thinking of making her like a Zelda satchel bag for her iphone. Problem is there's no tutorials online on how to make one. I was also thinking of making her a video game theme dinner, but I have no idea how to cook, let alone how to make food resemble something in a video game.

Help![/QUOTE]

Nevermind. Definitely the pooper hole.

So many loveable ingrates in here.

You could get a cheap satchel and then cut felt pieces to make a Zelda themed bag. Some felt even has sticker backing on it, so it wouldn't be difficult to make something along those lines. Go to Hobby Lobby.

Zelda Dinner:
White Russians = Lonlon Milk
Strawberry Margarita = Potion
Steak = Grilled Moblin
Seafood = Octorok Filet
Chocolate Cake + Triforce shaped icing

Lego Pick-A-Brick: Make some personal design and give it to her. Bonus points if you are proactive enough to get a shadowbox from Hobby Lobby and make something that can be hung on the wall.

Do not stick any of the above items in places previously suggested by this thread. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

[quote name='dothog']Strell's the kind of valentine who wouldn't date rape you. Women like that shit, I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'd make sure you wouldn't remember.

[quote name='Setherial']Come on guys, cut the crap, give me some good ideas...

Help![/QUOTE]

Make fried rice with fresh, fairly sticky rice, roll into ball. Rice Katamari. Also, mushrooms (Mario), onion rings (Sonic), and a roast with a bone sticking out on both ends (damn near all of 'em.)

As far as the bag goes, Michael's has a whole line of felting suppiles now, including premade bags n' things. That should at least get you a base for a phone bag.

Look up G4tv's gaaaaaaaaame grub segments...they're scattered about. There's your step by step tutorial to cook.

This months OXM has an article on making foods found in games. How can you go wrong with a sandwich consisting of turkey, jelly, and cereal?

Be a man and sew, just borrow your mom's machine. http://www.aprettycoollife.com/2010/03/easy-cameracell-phoneipod-pouch.html Just do a simple Triforce on the bag. Instant Zelda bag. Just make sure if you use felt or something to roll the edges or otherwise secure them so it doesn't look like poo-poo 5 minutes later.

If you're really DIY challenged I second Michael's. Try to find a premade bag, yellow felt (or similar) and throw a Triforce or something on it.

Then fill the bag with something she likes. Maybe small candies or something. Should be perfectly adequate. Handing her an empty bag would be kind of lame if you've done a lot of work.

So are you sure she's really into video games like that? Because you mention social games, so is she really into zelda too? I would just make sure she's into games as much as you think she is and not just trying to humor your hobby. Girls hate nothing more than getting a gift that is really for you or reflects your interests and not hers.

DIY stuff is hard, an alternative is putting together something consisting of other small things that reflect you know what she likes.

Buy her a big dragon dildo...... (sorry I'm buzzed too much cider). If she likes tea what you can do is buy her a nice crafty tea set or if you could if you have a local place that specializes in custom decorated pottery you can make her something nice like a vase, teaset or a nice key rack.

get her a cookbook and some slutty high heels and tell her the greatest gift she can get is the privilege to serve you and all your needs.

bread's done
Back