Need eyeglasses.

yellowaznboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So, I lost my only pair of eyeglasses on campus the other day and need a temporary replacement until I can see my optometrist.

I've heard good things about www.zennioptical.com . Anyone have experience with them? Regardless, I need help filling out an order. I'm not sure how to translate the prescription I got from my optometrist to what the site asks. The prescription says:

OD: -125-050 *180

I think that's right. Anyone help me out? Thanks.

Do you have a Costco or Sam's Club card? You can get cheap glasses there. I'm not even 100% positive Costco requires membership, but they probably do. Just take your Rx into them and they'll do it for you.

If you still want to order online, I'd do it over the phone. I don't know how many people can read glasses prescriptions well. I kinda can for contacts (since I have so many problems with my eyes) but not glasses.

[quote name='Stoneage']Costco and Sam's by law can't require membership for eyeglasses and booze.

It's a fact.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didnt know that. That is totally hot.

I usually wear contacts but I ordered some glasses from both zennioptical and 39dollarglasses.com for backup pairs. 39dollarglasses only took a couple of days to get to me. The glasses from zenni took about two weeks to come and seem a little bit less sturdy than the ones from 39dollarglasses. Anyways here is the very good prescription help page from 39dollar:

http://www.39dollarglasses.com/help_topics/about_your_prescription.html?id=c3Yvdw7W

Also they let you print out full size pictures of the glasses so you can cut them out to see if they will fit your face. I didn't do this and ended buying glasses that were too narrow.

I have a friend who buys them every time he goes to india. They're like 10 bucks a piece, but they look perfectly fine. They don't have any of that hi tech glass though, so he breaks a lot of them. Still, instead of 2 or 300 for glasses he buys like 6-8 of them at 10 each. I guess this is kind of useless unless you know an indian who visits india a lot.

But half the problem with glasses are how they look, and feel, on your face. It's like buying clothing online. The majority of clothing and glasses I try I don't buy because I don't like the way they look or feel. I'd hate to just have to pick one out and then hope it fits well when it arrives.

[quote name='Stoneage']Costco and Sam's by law can't require membership for eyeglasses and booze.

It's a fact.[/QUOTE]

Okay then, get them there. That's where I'm getting mine soon too, I'm not paying $400+ out of pocket for freakin' glasses.

bread's done
Back