Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Criterion's NFS Reboot - Out Now

How are you release day guys liking it? I've got enough credit for a new release at GS and tempted to buy today then return it when I get a BF $35 copy.

I like it a lot and the ability to switch from racer to cop anytime is awesome. Yeah also getting a milestone for 5 crashes is lol should not be celebrated!

The drifting in this game is incredibly enjoyable and fairly easy to pull off, either release the gas or brake then hit the gas turning into the direction of the curve. I kind of wish you could damage the racers with your police car if you have them run into you as well. Say you pull up in front and swerve infront of them. The racer will hit you with no damage taken which is kind of odd. The only way to take the racers out is by the rear or side, aside from your police arsenal of course.

It's odd there is no music after the races, it feels very empty to me when you're looking at unlocked cars and such. Minor details really and having played NFS and Burnout I think it's a great combination that works as a great racer. Yeah the exotic cars in this game are very cool and the detail they tell you about them is also a nice touch. I felt bad hitting the guard rails and such with the Aston Martin One 77 since there are only 77 of them made haha. However taking down racers with a Lamborghini Reventon is just icing on the cake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Amazon hooked me up with the copy of NFS:Shift and the $20 game credit .

I should pretty much have nothing to complain about when my copy arrives tomorrow .

I played this for about an hour tonight.. so far I really enjoy the game.

The demo, to me anyway, had horrible controls. The full version features much better handling and the drifing is pretty easy and fun to do. The autolog feature is pretty cool for those with friends playing the game.

I got this for $29.99 with the medal of honor 50% off code from EA and I am very happy with my purchase... I say if you like racing games pick this one up with one of the various vlack friday deals...

Excellent game, played for about an hour last night. Really dig the cop missions, didn't really do a lot of racing, but I'll be getting into it. Been waiting for a successor worthy of Most Wanted and I think this is it!

I picked this up yesterday at TRU and I'm really enjoying it. The online is actually very fun. I didn't mess with the career mode to much last night because I kept playing online.

Waiting for BF to grab this. i'm pretty stoked. Might actually wake up a little early to make sure I get it. I don't see it being hard to find though.

[quote name='LordVila']I picked this up yesterday at TRU and I'm really enjoying it. The online is actually very fun. I didn't mess with the career mode to much last night because I kept playing online.[/QUOTE]

I did the exact opposite. I want to get used to the cars and controls before I get my ass kicked online. :lol:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Excellent game, played for about an hour last night. Really dig the cop missions, didn't really do a lot of racing, but I'll be getting into it. Been waiting for a successor worthy of Most Wanted and I think this is it![/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, def agree there. I thought Most Wanted was the peak of NFS series with Carbon being the last good game. :D

"The Perfect Road Car" was one of my moments of bliss. Yeah Top Gear did an episode trying to find the perfect road in the world. I think Criterion saw that episode and with both being located in the UK I don't think that's too far off from the truth. The road you get to race on is just awesome; switchbacks, roads on a cliff and snow particles in the sun. Let alone the car I was driving.:drool:

I got an achievement before I even started the career. Achievement was for having 5 or more friends that have NFS:HP...odd choice of an 5 GS achievement but welcomed ;)

Yeah I got that too. I got an achievement and I watched a trailer for an upcoming game before I could even set foot into the game I bought. Eh wtf is going on haha. That achievement reminds me of the Press Start one that the Simpsons game had. :)

I thought the same thing, except I thought to myself "Did I even press start?" :lol:

I wasn't a fan of Shift the more sim the game is, the less I like it. So if Shift Unlimited is heading in the same direction as the first, which is pretty much a given, I'll be staying away from that one.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Shift was as much of a sim as PGR was.[/QUOTE]

How are you defining a sim? I"m pretty sure PGR never tried to be a Forza. It was a realistic arcade racer, just enough sim to be good with plenty of arcade to be fun.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I thought the same thing, except I thought to myself "Did I even press start?" :lol:[/QUOTE]

Regarding the Simpsons game, I had heard about the "Press Start" cheesemint and I purposely hit "A" instead of start.....totally worked.

I recall hearing once on the giantbomb.com bombcast that their website has a tracking list of games that say "Press Start" but will accept other inputs such as "A". IIRC, they were talking about the Simpsons game specifically.

Anyway, looking to grab NFS Thanksgiving Day. Played the demo and it seems like they were indeed able to merge the control and feel of Burnout with the premise of Hot Pursuit 2.

[quote name='Spybreak8']How are you defining a sim? I"m pretty sure PGR never tried to be a Forza. It was a realistic arcade racer, just enough sim to be good with plenty of arcade to be fun.[/QUOTE]
PGR and Shift were arcade sims that offered the cars, tracks, and visuals that you'd expect from a sim but doesn't control realistically at all since they tend to focus more on accessible, stylish control.

[quote name='Scorch']This game is so good... I love how it alerts me when people have beaten my time on a track[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was one thing I constantly worked on when I played Burnout Paradise. Oh a friend beat your time on this road!

I hate where they put the camera, it's right on the horizon line so the car blocks my view of the road .
I like to see the car back more with a little bit of road in front of it .

Criterion's games have always been this way though .

Seems like Hot Pursuit is on sale for about $35 at most of the major retailers on Black Friday, so if you can wait and don't mind dealing with the crowds, you can get a good deal on this game the week after launch.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah that was one thing I constantly worked on when I played Burnout Paradise. Oh a friend beat your time on this road![/QUOTE]

That feature became quite addicting.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Seems like Hot Pursuit is on sale for about $35 at most of the major retailers on Black Friday, so if you can wait and don't mind dealing with the crowds, you can get a good deal on this game the week after launch.[/QUOTE]

That's what I am waiting for, hopefully one of them will have it available online, since they all seem like they are all day deals as their supply lasts.

Ok this just happened and I had to share my great NFS gaming moment. So I'm driving my Mercedes-Benz AMG SL 65 Black Series down the highway at a measly 196 mph racing against an Aston Martin V12 Vantage who passes me going probably about 200 mph. A few seconds later the AI racer smashes into the rear end of a mid size 18 wheeler. Haha I was like ohh shit and I almost crashed myself since I was watching the carnage and looking behind me with overly excited eyes haha. Wow wish I had video of that.

This game is freaking great. The cops and racers mode is all I have been playing for the last several days, as this game has taken over my xbox from COD, Halo, and the (never played yet) AC: Brotherhood. If you can pick it up this weekend, I strongly suggest it. I will be online, arresting though damn kids for speeding and playing their dang music to loud.

Enjoying the game so far.

If anyone here would like to friend me so that I have more people on the 'wall' to compete against for time and whatnot, I welcome it. Just put "NFS" or "CAG" in the message. Gamertag to the left there under my username.

Only one of my friends picked up the game as well, so I would like a few more to go up against.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']When racing is it tracks or open world style like burnout paradise?[/QUOTE]

Tracks, there is a map of the area and you pick the events you want to race.

I picked the LE up today from Best Buy for $35. I plan on jumping online sometime this weekend. My GT is: Shinobi Hanzo

If you add me, please send a message with CAG or NFS in it. Thanks!

[quote name='Spybreak8']Tracks, there is a map of the area and you pick the events you want to race.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I loved Burnout with tracks and hated the open world of Paradise.

@FurryCurry

I did my part and that Gamesradar 10/10 review score they showed right off the bat was the first review I read about this game believe it or not.

Pretty awesome trailer. I picked up an LE for 35 at KMart yesterday so I can return my unopened preordered GS copy and switch it for Black Ops there. They'll both be Xmas gifts for myself so I'll be online in a month.

Got it today. Pretty excited to play it, but can't decide if I want to start it or RDR first which I also got.

Any of you who play it regularly should add me.

Played this for awhile last night. It's awesome, but no one on my friends list is playing it :lol:

I'm going to send some of you a friends request.

I got this too, but I can't open till Christmas. It's about the first thing in a few the woman has been able to wrap for me. I'm super excited about it though, I'll send a FR to a couple of you if you're still playing by then.

Ok ran into a few amusing glitches tonight. I released a spike strip and hit a highway car about the same time, thus running into the spike strip?! "You hit your own spike strip." Haha wtf And I also smashed into a racer, as the cop of course, when they ran into a highway car and instant racer busted. Haha ok I'll take it!? God I love the cars in this game and like any NFS game you always feel the excitement of going really fast.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']I got this too, but I can't open till Christmas.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like there's at least a few of us in this same situation. :) I'll be checking back in on this thread after the 25th to see about racing with some CAGs.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Sounds like there's at least a few of us in this same situation. :) I'll be checking back in on this thread after the 25th to see about racing with some CAGs.[/QUOTE]Ditto, this and black ops are my xmas gifts!

Grabbed this for me, my son, and a friend as Xmas gifts. Might have to crack it open early. Loved the Burn Out series and cant wait to try this.

Ok man are the highway races the best. When you're racing against other cars and they crash into the cars on the highway, it's an adrenaline rush let me tell you. I was 4th and working my way up the ladder as a big crash sent cars swerving and sliding all over the place. I narrowly got clipped myself but passed through to 1st with a big phew man that was close moment. Hahaha Criterion knows how to make your heart skip a beat with their racing games.

bread's done
Back