Need for speed hot pursuit is $35 right now.

Hmmm...I might wait til 315 eastern time to see if the price drops a smidge....a gamble yes but I doubt it will be sold out before tthe scheduled lightning deal starts

wow the lighning deal price is still available. tempted but i cant afford it. for those that wanted it. get it fast!

[quote name='buttasuperb']any major differences between the ps3 and 360 version?

also noticed nhl 11 is 34.99 right now too.[/QUOTE]

better driving wheels for ps3

[quote name='DefeatUForever']better driving wheels for ps3[/QUOTE]

the logitech GT wheel works for this game? really?
I bought it for GT5, and I just got need for speed for Xbox. Im wondering if I should change it for PS3

Lens of Truth claims both versions to be 100% identical.
I went with the PS3 version at K-Mart to get a better chance at it being the LE version.

[quote name='DANIEL']the logitech GT wheel works for this game? really?
I bought it for GT5, and I just got need for speed for Xbox. Im wondering if I should change it for PS3[/QUOTE]

it should, I have a g25 and it works on the other need for speed games so I don't see why this one wouldn't.

they make too many installments, what's the difference in this and the others in the series? I only played underground and undercover. Also I just ordered shift, looking to try this one out.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I wanna get this but I'm gonna wait and gamble the lightning deal.[/QUOTE]

for some reason this was removed from the lightning deals. I just checked and the clue of "running and chasing" listed at 12:15pm isnt there anymore.

[quote name='DANIEL']for some reason this was removed from the lightning deals. I just checked and the clue of "running and chasing" listed at 12:15pm isnt there anymore.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed it 'cause it seems like Hot Pursuit and a number of other EA games were removed from the Lightning Deals then dropped in price.

[quote name='DANIEL']for some reason this was removed from the lightning deals. I just checked and the clue of "running and chasing" listed at 12:15pm isnt there anymore.[/QUOTE]

Bought now because of this.

[quote name='DefeatUForever']it should, I have a g25 and it works on the other need for speed games so I don't see why this one wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

but this is an Arcade racer. wouldnt it be kind of hard to use the steering wheel for this one since you have to do a lot of agressive driving?
I always thought the wheel only works great with driving simulator games.
On this game you have to crash a lot and your car gets flipped and tumbled several times.

[quote name='DANIEL']but this is an Arcade racer. wouldnt it be kind of hard to use the steering wheel for this one since you have to do a lot of agressive driving?
I always thought the wheel only works great with driving simulator games.
On this game you have to crash a lot and your car gets flipped and tumbled several times.[/QUOTE]

I use the wheel on any racers I can. Arcade or sim it's still more fun then using a normal controller.

[quote name='CaoPi']they make too many installments, what's the difference in this and the others in the series? I only played underground and undercover. Also I just ordered shift, looking to try this one out.[/QUOTE]

The difference is is that this is a direct sequel to the ORIGINAL Need for Speed game on PS1, and largely based off of NFS 3: Hot Pursuit on PS1. No mods, no ricer cars, just cops and luxury cars. This is what NFS was meant to be. Undercover and Underground were the versions taht were different installments. I played most of 1998 on my PS1 with NFS III.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed_III:_Hot_Pursuit

[quote name='BiggNick']The difference is is that this is a direct sequel to the ORIGINAL Need for Speed game on PS1, and largely based off of NFS 3: Hot Pursuit on PS1. No mods, no ricer cars, just cops and luxury cars. This is what NFS was meant to be. Undercover and Underground were the versions taht were different installments. I played most of 1998 on my PS1 with NFS III.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed_III:_Hot_Pursuit[/QUOTE]

and the same creators/developers from the game Burnout made this one (Criterion).

[quote name='CaoPi']so what do GT players have to say about this series? ;) I need to go get GT 5[/QUOTE]

I have been playing GT5 for 1 day so far with the Logitech GT driving wheel and it is so much fun. I love it.
I also love arcade racing games and based on all the great reviews Need for speed H.P. has been getting I had to get this one at this amazing price.

I want to get this really bad because I loved Hot Pursuit back in the day on the PS1 but I still have a little more ways to go with Forza 3 and Dirt 2 on deck before I would get to this.

Hmm, the "race and chase" lightning deal at 12:15 still shows up for me. But, as this is already the price I set myself on, I went ahead and picked it up. In the event that they do have a better price at 12:15, I'll just pick one up then too and return the higher priced one.

[quote name='KingXtreme81']Hmm, the "race and chase" lightning deal at 12:15 still shows up for me. But, as this is already the price I set myself on, I went ahead and picked it up. In the event that they do have a better price at 12:15, I'll just pick one up then too and return the higher priced one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Lightning Deal just showed up again, so now I'm curious.

[quote name='SSJMies']Yeah, the Lightning Deal just showed up again, so now I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I ordered anyway. I don't expect Amazon to lower or raise the price in the next 20 mins. Probably just a mistake on their part.

And with the purchase of NFS HP I can leave my house again.

Till Monday.

(sigh)

Well, I literally ordered this at 34.99 about 3 minutes ago. Cancelled and got it for 14.99 with my coupon. Huzzah!

I bought it at 34.99.. went ahead and bought it again at 29. Guess I'll just ship back the other or give it as a gift! Woohoo!

Ordered at $35 and ordered again at $30. Hopefully customer service can sort that out.

* Edit: I love Amazon. Customer service canceled the older order and sorted out the promotional credits/gift cards involved, all in a span of a 2 minute chat.

[quote name='Ardrid']Lol, Amazon fooled some ppl who were anxious to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Called and tried to get the $5 adjustment but all they could offer was canceling my order on their end (I have prime) and letting me order again. Already sold out by that time. Oh well.

I got fooled too.

I had ordered 2 Need for speed at $35 and then I was able to get 1 at the lightning price $30 (at this point I had a total of 3)
Called customer service and asked her to remove 1 from my first order, since She couldnt adjust the price to the lightning deal.

so in the end, I paid $35 for one and $30 for the 2nd game.
(1 for my brother and 1 for me...guess which one my brother is getting. ;)

[quote name='Aleman']Ordered at $35 and ordered again at $30. Hopefully customer service can sort that out.

* Edit: I love Amazon. Customer service canceled the older order and sorted out the promotional credits/gift cards involved, all in a span of a 2 minute chat.[/QUOTE]

Just did the same thing.. the dude I talked to sounded like he was a robot.

[quote name='Sancho1978']Just did the same thing.. the dude I talked to sounded like he was a robot.[/QUOTE]

I imagine arguing all day with people over 5 bucks will do that do you

[quote name='usickenme']I imagine arguing all day with people over 5 bucks will do that do you[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am sure that some folks were pretty uppity about it. I figured if they wouldn't do anything about it, then I would just mail back the other one.

Lol damn Amazon. You so wrong for that. Luckily had $5 left over from some credit so I still got the same price you all $30 people got.

bread's done
Back