Need For Speed The Run

schuerm26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (99%)
Rented this from blockbuster and so far having a blast. I haven't played any other Need For Speed games but so far this one (in my opinion) is pretty intense trying to avoid traffic and whatnot. Pretty fun so far.

And apparently nobody else is playing this, but god I hate where they put the reset button while racing. My thumb has slipped off the left stick probably 10 times and landed directly on the reset to last checkpoint button.

[quote name='bsmiff']I'm thinking about picking this one up on BF too. Would love to hear more CAG feedback![/QUOTE]

Another thing I dislike is that the "run" parts are quick time. Not a big fan of those. The racing is really fun though.

I'm really looking forward to picking up a copy of this on BF. Glad to hear your thoughts on it, it makes me even more excited to pick up a copy.

Loved the demo. The avalanche portion of the demo s pretty intense.

Too many games out right now, not enough funds to pay for them. I'll pick this up once it hits 25 or so in a couple months.

I beat this game the other day on the Ps3 tho... I think it was a great game. the Cops are nuts with some of there road blocks. the Music is great the the graphics are good Lots of detail in the Background like there would be in real life.

So now i am going throughout the challenge series and I will redo the main story later to get some better times. I got it day 1 and I do not regret spending the extra money... Well the BF deals would have been good but oh well :)

I wish I could get it, but something inside of me keeps saying, "No, you're going to be disappointed with it just like every other NFS game that has come out since Hot Pursuit and Porsche Unleashed." I remember having ProStreet on my Xmas list years ago and loving it for a couple of races until all of the sudden, the difficulty went from a 1 to a 5. No gradual step up, you just couldn't compete unless you had the perfect car setup. Then I said, "Hey, I loved Hot Pursuit, and the new one looks great, let's try that!" Of course, I then discovered sling shotting AI, impossible to see roadblocks with no clear way through them until you're AT them, and many other issues.

Is this game that much different? I love arcade racing, but the cars were out of control (on account of terrible handing, though the AI in HP2 drove like they were on rails). I miss games like Rush 2049... fun arcade racers with tons of replay.

That said, this will be a bargain bin unless I am convinced along the way through a red box rental or something.

[quote name='razgriz24']I really wanted this, premise looked cool but reviews are telling to rent. is the single player really only 2 hours or so?[/QUOTE]

That seems a really quick playthrough. I was probably halfway through at 2 - 2 1/2 hours probably.

[quote name='Retom7']I wish I could get it, but something inside of me keeps saying, "No, you're going to be disappointed with it just like every other NFS game that has come out since Hot Pursuit and Porsche Unleashed." I remember having ProStreet on my Xmas list years ago and loving it for a couple of races until all of the sudden, the difficulty went from a 1 to a 5. No gradual step up, you just couldn't compete unless you had the perfect car setup. Then I said, "Hey, I loved Hot Pursuit, and the new one looks great, let's try that!" Of course, I then discovered sling shotting AI, impossible to see roadblocks with no clear way through them until you're AT them, and many other issues.

Is this game that much different? I love arcade racing, but the cars were out of control (on account of terrible handing, though the AI in HP2 drove like they were on rails). I miss games like Rush 2049... fun arcade racers with tons of replay.

That said, this will be a bargain bin unless I am convinced along the way through a red box rental or something.[/QUOTE]

I definitely wouldn't buy it at full price. I rented it on my blockbuster pass and kept it for 2 days or so.

bread's done
Back