need free shipping from EB soon!

spincut

CAGiversary!
ok, ever since EB changed its taxation policy from taxing pretty much no one to taxing pretty much everyone (when exactly did this go down btw?) to make it sensible and be under my budget expiriment, i need as soon as possible a free shipping coupon code (any type of shipping) for EB.

-this is for a pre-order btw.

obviously, if i've been to the website, i'm aware of their newfangled store pickup item.......unfortunately thats useless to me, as i'm not near an EB store, if i was i probably would not be posting here.

-whats the coupon for the shipper saver? or is that how much it is normally? (thank you, i like my icon too).

you can use saver. but they will still charge you anywyas. They did me three time in a row! BASTARDS! That why I don't shop with them anymore.

they did "what" to you three times in a row? if you're upset that they charged you for shipping and you werent using any type of free shipping coupon then what did you expect to happen? you'll get that problem from gamestop as well (being "charged" for shipping").

I used the free shipping code. Then when they came out of my bank they added back the shipping. I called them three times and never once did they offer to fix it. Give the money back or anything. Then they were smartass about it so I no longer do bussiness with them.

oh........well then that sucks, i've never been treated that way by anyone, and if such a mistake is made and they have no valid excuse (how exactly where they being "smartass"?) i just grab em by the balls and "demand".

anyhow, i still have no problem with them and do business with them gladly.........with the exception of this new ultra lame tax policy passed off as a necesity to give me grand features like "in store pick up" wich is not worth the tax break and utterly pointless if i want to order it online in the first place.

anyhow, i still have some time, but i really need some sort of shipping coupon for EB soon (for a pre-order).

if the pre-order is spiderman 2, you can use the coupon code "SPIDEY" to get free 2nd day air shipping. otherwise, there is probably nothing you can do (for a pre-order).

if you want til the game is released, you can use the coupon code "SAVER" to get free shipping on a used/preowned item. all you have to do is have 1 preowned item in your order and the shipping on the entire order is free. but if you try to do it with a pre-order, they will break it up into 2 shipments, ship the stuff that is available free and charge you shipping on the preorder.

i tried to use the "SAVER" method preordering spiderman 2 and it didn't work cuz they were going to ship the used game now and ship spiderman when i became available. then i found that free shipping code for spiderman, so that worked out good.

I'm getting really tired of people complaing about EB's tax policy.. its not their policy, its the law people. By combining the two companies (Online and B&M) they are able to offer us in store pick up, in store return, etc.. by doing that the law states that an online (or mail-order) retailer has to charge tax to any state where they have a physical location.

So stop complaining about them charging you tax.. its not like they're pocketing half of it.

I would wait until this weekend -- usually on a holiday weekend, Gamestop and/or EB will both do Free Shipping on Everything type promotions....I tend to wait until there's a holiday weekend, then I pre-order everything for the next 6 months :)

[quote name='Cornfedwb']I'm getting really tired of people complaing about EB's tax policy.. its not their policy, its the law people. By combining the two companies (Online and B&M) they are able to offer us in store pick up, in store return, etc.. by doing that the law states that an online (or mail-order) retailer has to charge tax to any state where they have a physical location.

So stop complaining about them charging you tax.. its not like they're pocketing half of it.[/quote]

odd, i thought it was the other way around, that they got the in store pick up stuff as an after effect of the sudden imposed law.

well guess what? the way you said it, it's even lamer. They CAUSED the tax law to be enforced by merging their companies, and you know what? it was a friggin stupid idea! i dont order online just to end up going t oget it at the store anyhow, it defeats the purpose, and then adds tax no matter what, one perk about ordering it online (making the order generally cheaper or at least reasonable since you have you pay shipping).

you think what you said makes it justifiable? if anything the fact that it was EB's choice to merger the companies and make them elligible for the tax law is even worse than i had originally thought it went, as the "in store" offers are rather pointless.

I would wait until this weekend -- usually on a holiday weekend

oh right.....4th of july is coming up aint it? good idea, the game wont be shipping until later in july anyhow. thanks for the tip.

oh right.....4th of july is coming up aint it? good idea, the game wont be shipping until later in july anyhow. thanks for the tip.

You're welcome. I'm not positive they'll be running a Free Shipping promo this weekend, but generally speaking, EB & Gamestop will run a Pre-Order Free Ship promotion on a big holiday weekend. I end up ordering games 6 months in advance, then cancelling the pre-orders as time approaches if I change my mind. Definitely worth the effort -- keep your eyes out Friday afternoon to see what they'll be up to (and dont forget, Gamestop.com doesnt charge tax in most states as far as I know).

you are correct, gamestop only charges tax in nevada and somewhere else, and if what the other guy said is true, they fortunately wont be forced to change to some "new" law anytime soon, wich is a good thing (EB lied then, saying they were "the last company" to change, and that if i ordered from gamestop i'd be charged tax, i'm a little pissed about that to, as if that would somehow fool me and i wouldnt go and check).

anyhow, if i at least bypassed one or the other (tax or shipping) i'll still order from EB and in this case i want to because they offer the better pre-order bonus for the game i want. but i think in the future it just makes more sense to get from gamestop.......they dont assume i that because i "dont" go to the store and order online instead that i suddenly care enough to get charged sales tax to have the option to do what i could have pretty much done anyhow.

you are probably correct though, i hadnt thought about the holiday week coming up, we'll wait and see.

Just wonderin here. How much tax are you getting charged with this order? I got charged about .83 for $12, making it my states normal 7 cent on the dollar. The merger with B&M, I'm guessing (yes aware!), is more than just offering those services though. But if you dont like the tax, dont shop at EBGames.com. If you shop at EBGames.com because it has a better price than Gamestop.com, even after tax, then I wouldn't be as upset about it.

By any chance, is this expierement involving having an online gift certificate? If so, I understand your pain. The tax brings most games just over the gift certificate. And you can only use the giftcertificate at once, online, and CANT use instore pickup for preorder items. You cant combine most coupons with the cert either. It really is more a burden from fustration when you get your first EBGames.com online gift cert. After the first one though, you know what youre in for. :)

[quote name='Fraggler']Just wonderin here. How much tax are you getting charged with this order? I got charged about .83 for $12, making it my states normal 7 cent on the dollar. The merger with B&M, I'm guessing (yes aware!), is more than just offering those services though. But if you dont like the tax, dont shop at EBGames.com. If you shop at EBGames.com because it has a better price than Gamestop.com, even after tax, then I wouldn't be as upset about it.

By any chance, is this expierement involving having an online gift certificate? If so, I understand your pain. The tax brings most games just over the gift certificate. And you can only use the giftcertificate at once, online, and CANT use instore pickup for preorder items. You cant combine most coupons with the cert either. It really is more a burden from fustration when you get your first EBGames.com online gift cert. After the first one though, you know what youre in for. :)[/quote]

well it depends where i have the order sent, but it's not just that or the gift certificate thing, it's stupid by principle. Whenever i order from anywhere online i dont pay sales tax, it's one of the quintissential plusses to doing it, albeit shipping in a way replaces it, you pretty much never have ot pay both, wich simply sucks. well now that is a reality with ebgames, and why? so people who decidedly order online can have the option to do something they could do without this merger? what i mean to say is, if i wanted to pick it up from the damn store i'd go to the store, if i want to order it online, thats why i go online, this is not a very sensible feature in my eyes and having to charge everyone sales tax just makes it more bothersome, for that and the reasons you mentioned as well.

Gamestop obviously has not done this though, and to almost scam me in to keep buying from them, EB customer service told me they were "forced" to change their tax policy and the merger was something they did after, and that they were the last company to do so, saying if i went to gamestop it would be the same. This was wrong, and i didnt appreciate being lied to (or talking to a customer service agent so obvlivious).

hey, (thinks about replying and calling him stupid........looks at post already made......WHOOPS) nevermind.

it's very simple, i either pay tax, or shipping, but not both.

He was joking around I think, hence the funny.
You're kinda an ass to a lot of people that aren't directing their anger at you. But whatevers clever.

I don't think EB wants to charge you tax. They're not making money from that tax, as, its tax. Its the governments money. If they pocketed it, then I'd be upset. By charging you tax, theyre probably well aware theyre pissing some people off. So if you were running this EBGames.com merger, you would have to weigh the pro's and con's of the deal, not only for the company, but for the customer, as the company depends on its customers money. So I imagine either this deal was extremely important to make, or that a lot of people really want the extra bonuses of combining the retail stores. My guess, is EBGames is either doing this to stay alive, or to be a better company for you. Think about it.

Actually, you are supposed to pay a use tax anyway on your out of state purchases that you did not pay tax for. This should be reported on your annual tax returns. I'm pretty sure very few people actually do this though.

[quote name='Fraggler']He was joking around I think, hence the funny.
You're kinda an ass to a lot of people that aren't directing their anger at you. But whatevers clever .[/quote]

no, i'm only an ass to people who have it coming, what? you didnt find my comeback as jilarious as his initial comment was? you shouldn't be so biased, but hey, "whatever's clever" :lol: .

[quote name='Fraggler']So I imagine either this deal was extremely important to make, or that a lot of people really want the extra bonuses of combining the retail stores. My guess, is EBGames is either doing this to stay alive, or to be a better company for you. Think about it.[/quote]

I have serious doubts that this deal happened because customers demanded such a thing, as i have said many times already, if someone wanted to go into the store to pick something up, they'd just do it, and if they're ordering online they obvious are doing THAT because they want to as well.

Frankly, it stinks, and it's doubtful such a thing is done to make it a better company. Plus they lied about it as well, telling me they were forced to do it and were also the last company to do so specifically citing gamestop as an example, now why would they do that? EB does a ton of business and there's really no one to steal it, so i also doubt that they needed it to stay alive iether, so strike 2 for that one.

bread's done
Back