Need game recommendation for non-gamer non-computer saavy adults

Well if they like football, madden. Other than that well the games really are not for that group yet. Maybe excite truck if you think they would like racing games.

Rayman Raving Rabbids has a very noob-friendly control scheme.

I think Madden's controls would be too complex for that crowd, and Trauma Center too skill-demanding. Excite Truck is a good suggestion, though.

[quote name='cheapasssmurf']What about super monkey balls?[/quote]

noooo, stay away from the evil monkey!!! i kick myself everyday for buying that game... must return it while i can still get half my money back to put towards Warioware!

[quote name='cheapasssmurf']What about super monkey balls?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding, DO NOT give that game to a non-gamer, they will throw their Wiimote through the TV in frustration. Hell, I rented it, breezed through the first few levels, struggled a bit with the next 2, and then came to a screeching halt - could NOT complete a few of them on the 5th or 6th world. And the minigames, for the most part, suck.

Elebits is a possibility though. Very intuitive controls, but has some elements that might lead them to more advanced play (say, prepare them for Metroid and the like).

Other than that, Rayman is OK, though it has some challenging elements (the dance minigame will probably be difficult for non-gamers, as well as the marble maze and a few others).

Yeah, no kidding, DO NOT give that game to a non-gamer, they will throw their Wiimote through the TV in frustration. Hell, I rented it, breezed through the first few levels, struggled a bit with the next 2, and then came to a screeching halt - could NOT complete a few of them on the 5th or 6th world. And the minigames, for the most part, suck.

Elebits is a possibility though. Very intuitive controls, but has some elements that might lead them to more advanced play (say, prepare them for Metroid and the like).

Other than that, Rayman is OK, though it has some challenging elements (the dance minigame will probably be difficult for non-gamers, as well as the marble maze and a few others).

Metal Slug Anthology-Its a compilation of old side scrolling arcade shooters. If they remember playing arcade games back in the day then this will feel right up their alley.

[quote name='OMEGAMAN']Metal Slug Anthology-Its a compilation of old side scrolling arcade shooters. If they remember playing arcade games back in the day then this will feel right up their alley.[/quote]Um, aren't the Metal Slug games blindingly difficult? That may not be the best option. ;)

I would maybe get Wario's Woods on the VC. Tetris, Dr. Mario, etc. are bound to come as well. For now, Wii Sports might be the best option to just stick with till Wii Play hits in Feb (or maybe Wario Ware in Jan).

For the Wii? Its going to be Wii Play (or possibly Wario Ware), when it finally comes out early next year. If they can get past the sillyness, Rayman Raving Rabids might be fun enough for all.

Otherwise, pull out a DS and give'm Tetris.

bread's done
Back