Need help choosing a Dell Zino HD

coryhdollar

CAG Newbie
I am wanting to purchase the cheapest Dell Zino HD that will meet all of my needs. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Below is a list of the minimum specs I need.

• CPU: MIPS R4300i, 93.75MHz, 64-bit, 24KB L1, 125 MIPS, 250 MB/sec Bus
  • Graphics: SGI RCP, 62.5MHz, 100 MFLOPS, 150K Polygons/Sec, 32-bit Color, 500 MB/sec Bus
  • Sound: SGI RCP, 64 2D Voices, ADPCM, 500 MB/sec Bus
  • Data: 4MB (500 MB/s), Cartridge (32MB), Expansion 4MB RAM

Options I need: Windows 7 & wireless N

Options I do not need: DVDRW (not worth the extra 150)

Options I need help on:

Processor
A faster processor increases the efficiency and performance of your applications and operations. | AMD Athlon™ 2650e (512K L2, 1.6GHz) [Included in Price] | AMD Athlon™ 2850e (512K, L2, 1.8GHz) [add $35] | AMD Dual Core Athlon™ X2 3250e (1MB L2, 1.5GHz) [add $65]
| AMD Dual Core Athlon™ Neo X2 6850e (1MB L2, 1.8GHz) [add $110]

Memory (leaning toward 4gb)
More memory (RAM) increases overall performance and enables your computer to run more applications at the same time | 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 2 DIMM [Included in Price] | 3GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 2 DIMM [add $39] | 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 2 DIMM [add $79]
| 6GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 2 DIMM [add $139] | 8GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 2 DIMM [add $199]

Video Card
|Integrated ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics [Included in Price] | ATI Radeon HD 4330 512 MB [add $75]

Sound
None |Integrated 2.1 High Definition Audio [Included in Price] | Soundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled [add $25]
| Integrated 7.1 Audio & Creative Labs Sound Blaster Wireless for iTunes with Receiver [add $130]

Warranty (Not for sure if I will be able to replace components myself due to the design).
4 Year Basic Service Plan [add $149]
3 Year Basic Service Plan [add $99]

2 Year Basic Service Plan [add $79 $59]
1 Year Basic Service Plan [Included in Price]

Main uses: Surfing, checking e-mail, and media player.

I will be using a Sony KDL- 40XBR7 as my monitor and speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coryhdollar']Main uses: Surfing, checking e-mail, and media player.[/QUOTE]

Then why are your "minimum specs" those of the N64??? :whistle2:k

Honestly it does not matter about the specs as much, as the price. Although I usually run my ps1 game (shadow man) on my pc instead of my ps3 and I am assuming those are the specs that I need. I can always use my PS3 for the game.

Well to give you an idea, PSX games can run pretty well on Netbooks which have an Intel Atom processor at 1.6ghz. I think you should probably go for the AMD Dual Core Athlon™ X2 3250e (1MB L2, 1.5GHz). This will help if you're browsing the web/hearing music at the same time and what not. For RAM, 2GB should be more than enough for simple tasks as that. I put an extra 1GB into my netbook that I use for Web surfing and word processing etc and it's honestly more than enough. For video and sound, the integrated should also be more than enough to handle PSX Emulation. Basically just keep everything at the minimum except for maybe the processor. Now a days computers are just so over the top for basics like web surfing/music/word processing.

*Edit* I went through and customized it to your needs. It ends up being 389$ with Windows 7 and N wireless.http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=ddcwua1&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back