Need help choosing a tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyDwarf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (94%)
OK, i'm looking to buy a touchscreen tablet but i don't know jack about this kind of stuff. So i was wondering if you guys could help me figure out the best tablet as far as the specs.

I'm going to use it as my main source of internet and all of that so it has to be decent and able to load websites and such, so i can replace my laptop with it. I'm looking to spend under $200 but some tablets that are more than $200 are on other sites like eBay for less. So as long as it's under $200 somewhere it's OK. So far these are the best ones i've found under $200...

the Flytouch 2- 10.2" tablet

the Coby Kyros- 7" tablet

If you can suggest one of these or show me another one that's better than these that would be great. Please help me out and thanks in advance!!!

Don't get either those. Get the Archos 70. For the money, it is the best tablet available. I own it and really love it, it does everything I've wanted in tablet and doesn't require any rooting/hacking to get it working. I bought it directly from Archos for $219 ($228 with shipping) which is great price for a 7" capacitive tablet with an arm cortex processor.

The only other one I'd look at, but not a tablet is the Nook Color. Once rooted it'll work as a nice android device.

I know these are above your desired price range, but if you're going to spend this much, you might as well spend just a little more to get a quality product.

Oh yeah, In order to get the Archos 70 for the same price I did, you have to google "Archos 70" and then click on the store link from the search results (usually the 2nd one). If it's in stock (which it is rarely) you can add it to your cart and it will be discounted.

If you still insist on getting one of the ones mentioned, get it from Amazon or another retailer where the return process will be painless. If the Archos 70 or nook color are too much, I'd suggest you wait. More tablets are coming out all the time and that is driving prices down at a pretty steady rate (similar to the netbook craze a few years back).. By summer there should be many more quality tablets for $200 or under.

Hey, thanks guys for the input it really helps me out alot. I'm looking into the things you guys have suggested and hope I find something I like. Hopefully I don't have to wait for a good low priced tablet because the laptop i'm on now sucks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back