Need help deciding, Fallout 3 GOTY or Dead Space, Army of two and bad company

NicaVic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I'm thinking of buying either Fallout 3 GOTY for 40 or Dead Space, Army of Two and Bad Company for 41? Could somebody help me out, I'm having trouble deciding. Which do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

I would go with fallout goty edition it has more gameplay than the other three combined, and out of those three the only one I really enjoyed was dead space.

Fallout 3 is amazing, and the GOTY is even more amazing. It truly deserves the "Game of the Year" tag. Stop asking questions and go buy it now.

[quote name='dusty737']I would go with fallout goty edition it has more gameplay than the other three combined, and out of those three the only one I really enjoyed was dead space.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='limelight022']Fallout 3 is amazing, and the GOTY is even more amazing. It truly deserves the "Game of the Year" tag. Stop asking questions and go buy it now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for both of your posts, just placed an order on Gohastings and got the ps3 version used for $39.71 shipped with the 30% off coupon. Thx a lot! :lol::applause:

Good decision. Just take your time when youre playing it and youll be fine. And do the side missions, theyre really fun! Not to mention it gives a better perspective of what the world has come to. Just dont rush through the game expecting to beat it in 10hrs, thats not the point!

I was going to ask what system, but you've already said.

I got the PS3 version of Fallout 3 GOTY and be warned, the DLC is realllllly glitchy. Like, the Pitt was horrible. The game crashed on average about twice every three hours or so and fighting was like dancing in jello.

Only in the DLC, though.. Everything else was fine.

Dead Space is freaking awesome and one of the few genuinely scary games I've ever played. That said, Fallout 3 is even better.

Get Fallout 3 GOTY now, save up another 20 bucks down the road and get Dead Space then. Judging from reviews, you can skip Army of Two. Bad Company sounds good but with the sequel coming out very soon (right?), it seems like the multiplayer could be dead very soon if it isn't already.

EDIT - Hah! I should probably read more before bothering to respond... Anyhow, enjoy the wasteland.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I have read about the DLC being glitchy but from what I've heard there is a patch. I'm not sure if the patch is for all the problems with the DLC though. I'm also waiting until monday to pick up dead space hoping amazon drops it to $10. Thanks again!

[quote name='NicaVic']Thanks a lot for the feedback, I have read about the DLC being glitchy but from what I've heard there is a patch. I'm not sure if the patch is for all the problems with the DLC though. I'm also waiting until monday to pick up dead space hoping amazon drops it to $10. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

Unless the patch came out for the PS3 version in the last 3 days, then it doesn't work that well.

Even with the glitches, though.. the game is amazing as long as you stay in the wasteland. Everything else is what's glitchy, and with the exception of the Pitt and maaaaaybe Mothership Zeta, the DLC plays with just the jello fighting.

The Pitt was seriously the most unplayable piece of glitch ever invented, though.

[quote name='Steggy']as far as the dlc crashing in fallout 3 goty edition... does the 360 version exhibit these same problems?[/QUOTE]

Every version of The Pitt is glitchy. Even though I experienced some bugs(1 of them was almost a game breaker) in Fallout 3 (360 version btw), it was one of the best gaming experiences I've come across in years.

You should definitely pick up Dead Space when you can though, as it is also an awesome game but much shorter and confined compared to Fallout 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='twicwborn']You should definitely pick up Dead Space when you can though, as it is also an awesome game but much shorter and confined compared to Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

Just waiting on amazon for a cyber monday deal, which I doubt highly will happen.

Fallout 3, no contest.
Dead Space was creepy and scary and very atmospheric....for about the first three chapters. Then it got repetitive and boring (to me at least) and since it was mostly a "jump out at you" type scare, it lost its impact after a while.
I played Fallout 3 over a hundred hours and and just waiting to finish Borderlands before replaying the Goty version with the DLC content which I had never bought.

bread's done
Back