Need help deciding on best Xbox deal

Samuelc79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have not gotten a 360 yet. Those new slims are getting appealing to me as they are reliable vs old model with RROD (which kept me away). I already have a PS3 which I got over 4 years ago, along with the Wii as well as the Green Special Edition Halo Original Xbox.

I just gave up on waiting, I just want to play some exclusives such as Halo and Gears of War/Alan Wake. I have recently put my credits on the xbox360 Gears of War collection, only $50 on it, just so I could reserve it since it has 2 controllers etc, nice sexy look.

Okay I have several factors, that might change my minds, etc. It would be nice for cheaper kind of Xbox as well, since 399(plus probably another 40 in tax) is kind of high for me, but same time factoring additional controller along with a new $60 game, kind of makes it $300.. so that does not sound as bad.

The hard part for me is deciding which will benefit me the most....

I would love to get the Kinect, either now or in the near future.

New Gears of War, comes with everything, but the Kinect. So $399 plus tax, probably makes it $430.

I could also go with the black Matte/Glossy design, which includes the Kinect, is same price (with exception of lot of deals taking $50 gift cards this time. Only bad is no 2nd controller(no regular just a Kinect game).

I really do not like glossy Xbox, but prefer Matte, so I would need to get a 4GB then a 250GB add on(which I can use a $50 gift card to).

I have seen a guy post on Craigslist he had a Halo Reach Special Edition which is Silver, but I am not crazy of the design, but seems like he will sell it to me for $200 flat, which includes the Console, 2 silver controllers, HDMI cable, and Halo Reach game. He said he has not tampered with it, because it would be stupid, he seemed very professional with the way he spoke, almost trustworthy. He just said he needed the extra cash. He said he brought the console from Gamestop almost a year ago. It does not have the headset since he gave it away as he used Turtlebeach headset, but I don't think he has it anymore. It has warranty until Sept 20, 2011 and I can buy extended warranty via MS for like $29(1 year) / $49(2 year). Also said I can go to his place and look at it in person so that way I can see it in working condition rather than meet half way and not see it working.

Again I would like to consider getting a Kinect(to mess around with my PC as well), whichever makes it cheaper to help my decision.

So what do you all think I should do to get the best deal of all.

This is more of a forum for discussing games rather than deals. I would recommend moving this discussion to the deal request forum.

I wouldn't consider buying a used xbox, too many possible issues (RROD covered up by towel trick and waiting to die... potentially banned from xbox live, etc)

bread's done
Back