need Help figuring out which to get...

XeroKaizoku

CAGiversary!
Hello fellow CAGers,

SO here's my problem. I know a place where I can pick up either a 60gb hard drive for the XBOX 360 for $65 or the 120gb for $86 but without the data migration kit...HOWEVER I just found some place that will sell me the 120gb WITH the kit for $125...

is the $34 savings worth it? I have a hard time finding a low price on the kit too so I have no idea which way to go...:whistle2:?

On the form for the migration kit, instead of a serial # put PENDING FROM [insert online retailer] and they'll send you one.

[quote name='darkslime']On the form for the migration kit, instead of a serial # put PENDING FROM [insert online retailer] and they'll send you one.[/quote]

wait....that seriously works? They don't ask for a receipt or anything?

all right well I forgot to say what the places were for the drives. the cheap 50 and 120 are from ebay froma a guy in UT and the third is from Wal Mart in the Southern California region

The manager at a couple of Wal Marts I called told me they dropped having the 60gbs since Corp. dropped the price of 120gbs so much.

Keep in mind that if you do spring for the migration kit you can turn around and flip it on Ebay for around $35, so you'll get your money back without having to wait for MS to send you a kit.

Get the 120GB for $86. Fill out the data migration kit form from microsoft and do like what was mentioned earlier and put "On order from Amazon" where it asks for the new console serial number. I did it like this and faxed mine in. Got my data migration kit in 5 days.

[quote name='namtrahj']Keep in mind that if you do spring for the migration kit you can turn around and flip it on Ebay for around $35, so you'll get your money back without having to wait for MS to send you a kit.[/quote]

Or he can order the kit from MS and get it before the HDD gets to him and then flip the kit for a full profit instead of just trying to break even.

update:

Well I missed my chance on the hard drives since somebody bought all of them literally a few minutes after I checked it out. :cry:

but I found somebody selling some for a decent price and their from China....

Does anybody have any luck with these? Kinda skittish about getting anything from China these days...

[quote name='XeroKaizoku']update:

Well I missed my chance on the hard drives since somebody bought all of them literally a few minutes after I checked it out. :cry:

but I found somebody selling some for a decent price and their from China....

Does anybody have any luck with these? Kinda skittish about getting anything from China these days...[/quote]

NEVER buy any memory/storage devices from China. They're all fake, that's why they're cheap.

[quote name='Doomstink']NEVER buy any memory/storage devices from China. They're all fake, that's why they're cheap.[/quote]
Yeah you should avoid everything from china with flash memory
but I think hard drive can't be fake(case could be but who cares)
anyway, dealextreme sells 120gigs one for 80bucks shipped.
it is sold out for now but they will restock it.
I'm getting tired of seeing douchebags posting 20gigs hard drive for $40

bread's done
Back