Need help finding a Wii(retail)!!

RyanW8

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but, I'm desperately looking for a Wii. I want to purchase it at a retail store so does someone have any insight on who's getting a shipment soon? I was guided to Wiiseeker, but, it seems as if the retail side of it was shutdown. ANY help is much appreciated. Thanks!!

You could try hanging out on the Amazon Wii page, a friend of mine got one from there yesterday, but they sell out quick and only seem to be in-stock once every couple of weeks.

Best thing to do is check Speedy's weekly ad thread in the Deals forum, if Target, CC or BB advertise Wii's it's means they'll have them instock on the Sunday, get yourself down there well before opening and you should be fine.

Good Luck.

I actually saw about 6 Wiis in stock at the Target by my house early in the week, first time I ever see any in stock anywhere. They were gone by yesterday.

I happened to been on eBay at the right time and got one for $300 plus $20 for shipping. Slightly used however but damn if I would of known it - everything was there complete in its original wrapper too. Plus as a bonus I got....

Zelda and Red Steel included.

If you really want one, your going to have to wake up early when stores sell them on Sundays.

A guy at my Target told me it's usually the same 5-10 people who always show up whenever they have Wii's in stock. Those eBay hoarders really have no life...

Check the off places (i.e. Costco, Sams Club) dont necessarily go to the one best buy in the area check the overlooked circuit citys etc.

I got a Wii back in December, for my wife's little sister. (Now, my mother in law is going to pay for half of mine...) I got one by calling up Target every day until they told me "we're getting some tomrrow." Then I showed up at 7:30 p.m. and stayed there until 8:50 a.m. the next day. I beat March of the Minis while staying in line, but in retroscpect, it would be awesome to play through Phoenix Wright.

With the weather being so nice as of late (North Texas), I don't see any reason not to camp out. Unless, of course, nobody else is there.

[quote name='Vinny']If you really want one, your going to have to wake up early when stores sell them on Sundays.

A guy at my Target told me it's usually the same 5-10 people who always show up whenever they have Wii's in stock. Those eBay hoarders really have no life...[/QUOTE]
I don't understand how there's any money in it. PayPal fees about 5% ($15), ebay fees around 5% ($16), tax 5-10% ($12.50-$25), shipping around $15, so you sell it around $310 you break even. And they're going for around $350, $40 profit just doesn't seem worth the effort and risk. Maybe if you can walk up and get one, but I can't see waiting for more than 5 minutes to get one to sell.

Also if you have any out of the way Wal-marts you might try there, I picked one up from a Wal-mart on Wednesday and they'd got 8 in on the Sunday, so I guess not many people were trying in there.

I saw several at Sam's Club a few days ago on the store floor, so maybe they're worth a check if you're a member. Or even if you're not, still check - it might be worth it to ya to sign up if they have them at your local location.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I happened to been on eBay at the right time and got one for $300 plus $20 for shipping. Slightly used however but damn if I would of known it - everything was there complete in its original wrapper too. Plus as a bonus I got....

Zelda and Red Steel included.
[/QUOTE]

You sir may go to hell... I mean congrats.

You could maybe wait until Mario Galaxy is about to be released. A Wii is certainly worth looking for then.

Up until that time you may get lucky and find a used one on the chopping block. The hardcore gamerz with no friends quickly get bored of monkeying with Wii Play and Wii Sports all by their lonesomes and become anxious for something else on other systems in the meantime.

I was bummed when I went to my local Target a week and a half ago, saw two Wiis behind the glass, went to find a sales worker to get it out for me, and by the time I got back (sans sales person), two bratty kids and some other dude were already camping out in front of the glass display! Walked away empty handed.

Since then I've been calling all the usual suspects in the area every couple of days, regardless of the status on those sites like itrackr... TRU, BB, CUSA, CC, Target, WM, etc. Finally, a couple days ago I called BB and they said they had three. Got there 15 mins later, and they actually had 4. Next day they were all gone.

Bottom line - call, call, call. Eventually a few will turn up somewhere, and when they do, drop everything and get there ASAP, cause they are still selling like hotcakes.

Oh yeah... and for what it's worth, I think Wii rawks! :)

[quote name='MarioColbert']I got a Wii back in December, for my wife's little sister. (Now, my mother in law is going to pay for half of mine...) I got one by calling up Target every day until they told me "we're getting some tomrrow." Then I showed up at 7:30 p.m. and stayed there until 8:50 a.m. the next day. I beat March of the Minis while staying in line, but in retroscpect, it would be awesome to play through Phoenix Wright.

With the weather being so nice as of late (North Texas), I don't see any reason not to camp out. Unless, of course, nobody else is there.[/QUOTE]

This is what I find so fascinating about the Wii. Has this ever happened before? People camping out and showing up so early to get one, even 4 months now after launch? I actually went early myself and waited, back in February. First time I've done that for a system (usually nothing worth buying them for until at least a year after they've been out).

[quote name='mcroa7']Most Sam's Clubs got a rather large shipment , my store in ST. petersburg got in 40 and they lasted about 3 days.[/QUOTE]

Yes BUT Sams doesnt limit sales... i.e. my wife (an assitant at Sams) just told me they sold all 26 to one person this last weekend.... over 6k in sales.

[quote name='mcroa7']Most Sam's Clubs got a rather large shipment , my store in ST. petersburg got in 40 and they lasted about 3 days.[/quote]

Recently? I went to the Sam's in Boardman (Youngstown) last week and they didn't have any.

I picked one up at Sams Club last week, it was just the system no extras. Don't know when they got them in, like 3 or 4 tickets left after I got one on a Friday night. I wasn't really looking for a Wii, but when I walked into Sams they had em' so I got one anyway. If you're really looking for one OP, you have to call the stores every morning and always ask the manager. Hope you get one.

My understanding is that wiis will be bundled with Sonic at TRU this Sunday...you might want to try that if you don't mind shedding another $50 on Sonic.

Got mine from TRU 2 weekeneds ago and they told me they usually get the Wii's and hold them for the next Sunday paper ad. When I went they had 17 consoles with Ice Age 2 for $20.00. So i'd say today would be the day to check TRU....

I saw some at my Sam's this week as well, but I figure by now they'd be all gone...

...and if I got bored with it, I would at least wait for some other games before selling it off so quick, Super Paper Mario is the top on my wants list at the moment, and Iknow of quite a few others I want as well (waiting on Warioware to go go down in price, I refuse to pay 45 for a game unless it is one I know will probably never be cheaper such a WiiPlay

[quote name='Capthowdy']Got mine from TRU 2 weekeneds ago and they told me they usually get the Wii's and hold them for the next Sunday paper ad. When I went they had 17 consoles with Ice Age 2 for $20.00. So i'd say today would be the day to check TRU....[/QUOTE]

Yep, they just had in there Sunday Ad for this week that they would have Wii's in stock and the deal was for $299.97 you would get the Wii & Sonic and the Secret Rings.

bread's done
Back