NEED HELP from GAMERS AGAIN!

vegasbroke

CAG Veteran
Sup Fellas!

First and foremost, I would like to thank all of you guys who participated in my study that I posted last week about video gamers! I truly appreciate your help. I'm here again to repost my link to gather more participants for my study. Currently I have about 40 participants and i'm looking to have about 85 participants total participants. The study only takes 5 minutes of your time.

For those who do not know, I am a long time gamer myself and a graduate student. Currently, I am a 3rd year grad student studying for my doctorate in clinical psychology at a small graduate university named Alliant International University in Los Angeles. Currently I am conducting a study about gamers in hopes to advance this amazing and growing field involving video gaming psychology. My survey takes about only 5 minutes of your time. If you can please click and participate in the link below, I would greatly and truly appreciate your help. As well, as soon as my results are ready, I will let you all know about it. If there's any questions or suggestions, feel free to post any on this thread and I will try to answer and accomodate them. Thank you again for taking your time out to read and participate in my study. Best to all, happy gaming, and Cheers!

TO PARTICIPATE, CLICK LINK BELOW:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=550731975926
CLICK ME!

In my opinion, your numbered scale needs to be different. It should start from a strong point of view (being 1) to neutral (being 4) and then the opposite strong point of view (being 7). So, it should be:

Strongly agree - Moderately agree - Somewhat agree - Neutral - Somewhat disagree - Moderately disagree - Strongly disagree

Just my thoughts.

[quote name='Socheata']In my opinion, your numbered scale needs to be different. It should start from a strong point of view (being 1) to neutral (being 4) and then the opposite strong point of view (being 7). So, it should be:

Strongly agree - Moderately agree - Somewhat agree - Neutral - Somewhat disagree - Moderately disagree - Strongly disagree

Just my thoughts.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion, some others who took it said the same thing. I will change it ASAP.

Well i was on the agree or dissagree section and stopped halfway through. Seems like this is a quiz to tie violence with other common aggrevating things. i dont know what your Intentions are with this so i will not fill this out. I think you can give this test to anyone and they will say the same things annoy them...

and yes because I play 90% violent games baby crying aggrovates me.....

[quote name='Lice']Well i was on the agree or dissagree section and stopped halfway through. Seems like this is a quiz to tie violence with other common aggrevating things. i dont know what your Intentions are with this so i will not fill this out. I think you can give this test to anyone and they will say the same things annoy them...

and yes because I play 90% violent games baby crying aggrovates me.....[/quote]

Sorry about that.. but thanks for your comment. I'm trying to do my part with a theory that will benefit video gaming, not make it seem that video games causes people to be negative. And you're right, I can give this out to anyone, but I'm giving it out to the gaming community. This is not just anyone any longer. Because you and I know people who don't understand the world of gaming, especially 'mature' rated gaming are always quick to say "it's because of the violence in (insert favorite media outlet to bash here) that influences our youth." Well there's a lot of other things too. I'm just trying to educate those quick opinionated people to take other things in consideration with one small study at a time. Anyone who is educated, intelligent, and mature enough understands that just because you play 100% of violent games doesn't mean something negative will become of it. Too bad, there's a lot of ignorant people out there who think differently. Play on player.

Well I filled it out, I'm sure when the data comes back and you get "Equine" for ethnicity, you'll know who it was... should've put Palomino though

bread's done
Back