Need help getting Dualshock 3 w/ GCO

Genki-JAM

CAGiversary!
Okay, I'm not sure if this kind of request belongs here, so please forgive me if it doesn't.

I REALLY want to get a cheap Dualshock 3, and the best offer right now is the $45 one at buy.com
(http://www.buy.com/prod/playstation-3-dualshock-3-wireless-controller/q/loc/108/207536742.html). With GCO, the price drops to $35 and has free shipping. Problem is, I can't use GCO anymore as I've tapped it out and don't have access to things like virtual credit/debit numbers.

What I am asking is for someone who is capable of pulling off another GCO $10-off deal on buy.com to purchase a Dualshock 3 for me and have it ship to me. I will pay you back using Paypal. If anyone is willing to help me out with this, please PM me and we can work out the details. Thanks.

Well I only have the one debit card, and after using the GCO 3 times (3 separate accounts), it stopped working (cancelled my orders with the GCO saying that the $10-off offer was invalid with me). So, in a way, I've tapped it out for myself.

[quote name='Genki-JAM']Well I only have the one debit card, and after using the GCO 3 times (3 separate accounts), it stopped working (cancelled my orders with the GCO saying that the $10-off offer was invalid with me). So, in a way, I've tapped it out for myself.[/quote]

Weird. Isn't there a way to reset it? The CF deal is decent as the above user points out but of course that's if someone hasn't ordered MGS4 yet which I doubt that many people haven't yet.

[quote name='gtgcoolkid']If you are thinking of getting MGS4, then I would suggest this bundle since DS3 technically would be $40. I know its not as cheap as $35 but it might be a good last resort deal if you aren't able to straighten out GCO thing.

The CF bundle contains 1 MGS4 Game with 1 DS3 Controller for $99.95

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/carbonfroststore/Detail?no=180[/quote]

Well I actually have already completely paid off my copy of MGS4 and used a $30 gift card to do it, so I'm actually getting MGS4 for $30-off already. But thanks anyway.

[quote name='ericthered']Weird. Isn't there a way to reset it?[/quote]

I don't think so. Mainly because I think Google goes into it's records and matches up the card info in one account with another account. And I'm pretty sure I tried changing the info to something false in an old account and my orders were still getting cancelled. The way to "reset" it is to have some other card number (even if it links to the same account and name, it just needs to be a different number for some reason).

They check both card and address. I've tried using the same card twice for 2 different addreses, the 2nd order was cancelled. I've also tried using 2 different cards for the same addresses, 2nd order was cancelled.

[quote name='rpnguyen']They check both card and address. I've tried using the same card twice for 2 different addreses, the 2nd order was cancelled. I've also tried using 2 different cards for the same addresses, 2nd order was cancelled.[/quote]

Well, in another CAG thread, I read that it's still possible to continually use the GCO offer, so I dunno..

It looks like the Google Checkout is getting more sophisticated in terms of fraud prevention. I've tried using a new credit card with email to the same address, and they canceled my order.

In the email they wrote to me, they simply stated that they were sorry, but they can't complete my order, without giving any reason. "Things like this happen", they said.

[quote name='Arcademode']It looks like the Google Checkout is getting more sophisticated in terms of fraud prevention. I've tried using a new credit card with email to the same address, and they canceled my order.

In the email they wrote to me, they simply stated that they were sorry, but they can't complete my order, without giving any reason. "Things like this happen", they said.[/quote]

The reason is pretty obvious, us CAGs (and millions of other people out there) are trying to cheese a system that is meant for first time users only.

I got away with a few $10 off buy.com purchases after my first one. I wouldn't have made the purchases if I didn't get the discount. E.g. the item is $25 shipped at Amazon and it's $30 shipped at buy.com but I can get $10 off with a GCO, so it ends up being $20 shipped.

So yeah, I guess they are cracking down lately, no biggie.

bread's done
Back