Need Help Hooking Up Sega Saturn

PENAPENA

CAG Veteran
I have a sega saturn due to my excessive love of the game dragon force. Unfortunately, I only own HDTV's and they won't run my system (using a/v saturn cables). And the only tube TV I own the A/V cables aren't working as well... any suggestion? :whistle2:k

Are you sure you are hooking up the Saturn right? I play many of my retro systems on my HDTV, including the Saturn. Double check your TV's input or perhaps you have bad cables?

[quote name='Jangofatt']Are you sure you are hooking up the Saturn right? I play many of my retro systems on my HDTV, including the Saturn. Double check your TV's input or perhaps you have bad cables?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they're hooked up right. My tv just says no signal/weak signal

Are there any good websites... perhaps maybe one that explains how to hook it up through a VCR or something?

Well see when I jiggle the A/V cord around in the back of the Saturn the TV makes loud scratchy sounds but still no picture... Bad cables or what?

I would replace the cables first but I think maybe your connector on the Saturn itself may be damaged. Does the port that the cable plugs into wiggle?

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I also need help with hooking up a model 1 genesis with the cd attachment. I dont know what cords I need![/quote]

What kind of CD attachment? Model 1 or 2? You will need two seperate power supplies to run either setup. Look at the bottom of the Sega CD and check for the voltage and watts reqiurments, then jump online and pick up a power supply or go the universal DC adaptor route via Radio Shack. Do not swap the power cords because the Genesis 1 will not run the Sega CD (at least the model 1 Sega CD) and you might damage either system.

For audio connections, that will depend on which Sega CD setup ou are running.

[quote name='Jangofatt']I would replace the cables first but I think maybe your connector on the Saturn itself may be damaged. Does the port that the cable plugs into wiggle?[/quote]

It doesn't.... I might just need to get an RF Adapter instead...

[quote name='Redie']The Saturn AV cable might be damaged like mine I will use something to hold it in.
About RF module that is going to be hard to find.

I dislike them[/quote]

I definitely love my HDTV's. They are great for the 360, PS3, and my Wii. Just not so great for my Saturn!

But, I must play Dragon Force, for it is one of the greatest games ever!

Another thing you can try is get AV to RF converter from radioshack. Call to see if they have one.

Dragon Force,

Oh Snap you just made me remember that game. That and a couple I need to finish off my Saturn pile.

[quote name='Redie']Another thing you can try is get AV to RF converter from radioshack. Call to see if they have one.

Oh Snap you just made me remember that game. That and a couple I need to finish off my Saturn pile.[/quote]

Yepp, it's my favorite game ever. I even went out of the way and bought the rarest CD for it (Dragon on the cover of the disk).

I love that game. Best 100 dollars spent in gaming ever.

If I could only get my Saturn to work :bomb:

I have zero problems running my Saturn on my Samsung HDTV. I would suspect that your cables or console itself is to blame. If push comes to shove, you could always get a Saturn emulator and pop the disc in your PC and play away.

My Saturn works fine on my LCD HD-TV. It sounds like you might have some faulty hardware (either cables or the unit) and have some troubleshooting to do.

[quote name='DaveD']I have zero problems running my Saturn on my Samsung HDTV. I would suspect that your cables or console itself is to blame. If push comes to shove, you could always get a Saturn emulator and pop the disc in your PC and play away.[/quote]

How do you get one? Does it ruin the experience?

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']My Saturn works fine on my LCD HD-TV. It sounds like you might have some faulty hardware (either cables or the unit) and have some troubleshooting to do.[/quote]

That probably is the problem... My Saturn is more than likely the one to blame, I just bought brand new in the box cables yesterday.

bread's done
Back