Need help, looking for some good RPG's for the GBA.

jphillips10

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Never got around to playing some of the RPG's on the GBA & now I should be able to pick them up for cheap. Right now I have Sword of Mana, Golden Age 1 & 2. Any recommendations?

Superstar Saga ftw.

Fire emblems with a close runner up.

You habe the essentials at least, golden sun 1/2 are the best RPG's ever (considering they're on the limited abilities of a portable).

yeah i just realized I put golden age, not golden sun. o well. I will have to check out fire emblem i've heard good things about it.

there are several games that are pretty good rpgs on gba.if you want gameplay footage i suggest looking at youtube to get a general idea

pokemon ermerald/ruby/saffire-Some might not consider this a rpg,but when you dissect the gaming element piece by piece it's a rpg.Pretty straight forward game you capture pokemon with pokeball,earn badges and battle your opponents.Very little has changes have been added in previous series,the new additions include tweak game mechanics to be faster pace such as hotkeys,added pokemon,two vs two pokemon match and new designs for older pokemons.Still a pretty fun game to play with when link up with a buddy

fire emblem-Very entertaining srpg that uses the triangle system or rock,sissor paper style.Your weapon has some dexertity and will slow diminish with each use.This game requires lot of patient.Never rush you character recklessly (espcially for boss fights that stands on high elevation-use opposing weakness to counter it)or your character dies and when they die,there gone for good.Down side is limited xp gain.Most can be gain in colleseum

fire emblem sacred stone-More user friendly compare to first one.More xp spots and more money spawns

final fantasy 1+2/iv/V-It a final fantasy game,enough said.It still has that old school charm with addition to new modes and graphics.Watch out when turning combat system to max speed you can get turn glitches,sometimes you can get 2 straight turn(seriously i think its a good thing)

megaman battle network series-good game,but squel are almost identical copies

other good ones im too lazy to write about
super robot taisen 1+2
tactics ogre
final fantasy tactics advance
rebel star commander
mario and luigi superstar saga

Some brand new ones with extremely limited print runs are Maze of Fate and Back to Stone...
I have ordered mine but yet to receive them.

[quote name='fatbeer']
kingdom hearts chains of memoires-Deja vu!It like playing Kingdom hearts 1 for ps2.Squaresoft recycle so many of same stage designs along with characters.The only real change is additional of organazation 13(plays key role in kingdom hearts 2) and card battling system.It kinda stupid since it requires no strategy at all.All you need is 9 for regular attack for zero to counter special attacks.
[/QUOTE]

Once you finish the game with the original character, it'll unlock a 2nd character where you can't just build your deck with 0 and 9 cards. It makes the duels much more challenging.

Mazes of Fate is one of the best, IMO. I can't call Back to Stone an RPG, though...it's more of an isometric action/adventure title.

Lunar Legends is a pretty eh experience. It's not bad. It's not great. I'd like to toss out a second vote for the Pokemon games too. You also can't go wrong with Advanced Wars.

Fire Red or Leaf Green are remakes of the original game. They're also 20 bones a piece. Emerald is a pretty excellent experience too.

[quote name='furyk']Fire Red or Leaf Green are remakes of the original game. They're also 20 bones a piece. Emerald is a pretty excellent experience too.[/QUOTE]

As I recall, they're (Red and Green) on sale for $15 at Circuit City if you're interested.

Standard RPGs;
- Breath of Fire 2 is a must have.

Action RPGs;
- Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 are great, though a bit short.
- If you're into importing, you might want to get Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3. It's sort of a strategy RPG with real-time battles.

Strategy RPGs;
- Yggdra Union is the best SRPG since Final Fantasy Tactics. GET IT.
- Also, its cousin, Riviera is pretty awesome too.
- I hear Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is pretty good, though I have yet to play it.
- Advance Wars 1 and 2 don't really have any RPG elements, but it's kickass anyway.

bread's done
Back