Need Help on display image with PC to TV hookup

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
So I decided to hook up my laptop to my HDTV via HDMI cable to see how it looked, and I have to say I was quite amazed at the quality. It looked way better than it does on my PC (which already looks great). The problem is, the image was zoomed in a bit, which I'm assuming is due to the different ratios used between the Laptop and the TV. If that is the case, how do I tell the laptop to display on the TV as 16:9 while keeping 16:10 on the laptop?

For reference, the TV is a 50" Samsung Widescreen HDTV

[quote name='Ryukahn']So I decided to hook up my laptop to my HDTV via HDMI cable to see how it looked, and I have to say I was quite amazed at the quality. It looked way better than it does on my PC (which already looks great). The problem is, the image was zoomed in a bit, which I'm assuming is due to the different ratios used between the Laptop and the TV. If that is the case, how do I tell the laptop to display on the TV as 16:9 while keeping 16:10 on the laptop?

For reference, the TV is a 50" Samsung Widescreen HDTV[/QUOTE]

Right click your desktop
Properties
Settings
Display

Mess around the resolutions and find out which one works best for you.

When I right click, I have the options to either Personalize or NVidia Control Panel. When I set up Multiple Display Options under the Nvidia Control Panel options, my TV will only show the wallpaper for my desktop, and not any of the icons. When I load a game, it won't show on the TV either, so basically it just lets me see the desktop wallpaper. If I have the settings as use the same, then I'll get everything showing on the TV, but just zoomed in. I can't find any options to change the display size of the TV when I have that option checked. It only shows when I have multiple display options clicked, but like I said, when I do that the TV shows nothing from the desktop besides the wallpaper.

[quote name='Ryukahn']When I right click, I have the options to either Personalize or NVidia Control Panel. When I set up Multiple Display Options under the Nvidia Control Panel options, my TV will only show the wallpaper for my desktop, and not any of the icons. When I load a game, it won't show on the TV either, so basically it just lets me see the desktop wallpaper. If I have the settings as use the same, then I'll get everything showing on the TV, but just zoomed in. I can't find any options to change the display size of the TV when I have that option checked. It only shows when I have multiple display options clicked, but like I said, when I do that the TV shows nothing from the desktop besides the wallpaper.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like what you need to do is make your TV the main monitor.

"Use this device as the primary monitor"

On the NVidia control panel
Set up multiple displays
2. Select the displays you would like to use
Switch your current setting.

If there's an option on your system tray, right click it.
NView display settings
Dualview
And then switch it.

[quote name='kilm']Sounds like what you need to do is make your TV the main monitor.

Set up multiple displays

NView display settings
Dualview
And then switch it.[/QUOTE]

I was about to say the same thing though I never seen that problem before.

[quote name='kilm']Sounds like what you need to do is make your TV the main monitor.

Set up multiple displays

NView display settings
Dualview
And then switch it.[/QUOTE]

It's a little late (just got a chance to try it due to holiday TV watching by others here), but thanks it worked!

bread's done
Back